“Always a joy!”

Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Japanese restaurant
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I come to Ichiban as often as I can. Yummy food, excellent service and always consistante. Freshly prepared sushi, good portions. Try the bento boxs' if you are dubious about japanese cuisine... you will love it! My fiance particularly enjoys the katsu curry. Authentic and delicious!

2  Thank sukipink

Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of my favourite places to eat especially when you don't have long.
The service is fantastic and the beef yakisoba is one of the best tasting things I have ever eaten. Don't be put off by the restaurant being on the first floor. it is not one of those chinese dives that there are dotted about Glasgow.
Have been eating here for 5 years and will be doing the same for at least the next 5!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Seats can be a bit uncomfortable as its benches but food is good, a bit like a canteen, but never had a bad meal here and at a reasonable price

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Ichiban is one of those places you just look forward to going back too, un-pretentious, laid back and excellent food. Forget your wagamamas, this is the real deal. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

On Friday I visited here for the first time (although all my friends I was with have been before). Although basic in decor, the service and food more than made up for this.
We were a party of 10, had no reservation, turned up at 8pm on a Friday night, and were greater warmly by the staff and accommodated at a table in about 10 minutes which was great considering its a small place and was very busy.
We all ordered different dishes - it's a very similar style restaurant to wagamama's, but I'd say I found the dishes tastier.
I had several plum wines and my favourite dish - Katsu curry (very common I know-but I like it)
Overall it was a good dining experience and good value for money.

1  Thank Afairley