“Lovely Menu”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We walked pass this restaurant and decided the menu looked tasty & reasonable priced.
The restaurant was pretty full at 7.30 and the reservation book looked full, however the head waiter managed to find us a table with a happy smile.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated the service is fast always with a smile.
The food is good but not great however this is reflected in the price.
Where you can have a lovely 3 course meal with wine, coffee romantic setting with excellent service for around £80-100 price.

There are newer reviews for Piccolo Mondo

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great night out with friends. Lovely no frills food but fab large portions. Would recommend the pecan brownie for dessert :) Would return :)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been numerous times, and it is always a joy to go.

My most recent visit was for a Friday Pre Theatre and the food was lovely. The food is well presented, and tastes delicious.

The staff are very attentive and can't do enough to help. They have always gone out of their way for their customers.

The menu could perhaps do with a little refresh, as can the decor, but these are minor things.

Heartily recommended.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was there solo, on business, so chose this one as it was close to the hotel.
I had an Italian soup to start with and had chicken with peppers for mains. Both tasted fine, although neither of them blew my socks off. But I have to agree with a previous reviewer by saying the waiters and service seemed a bit off. They were attentive enough, but they seemed to give the impression that they were better than me. They strutted about as though they weren't bothered about you and seemed to be looking elsewhere when you were talking to them, or giving your order.
One really annoying habit, is that once they put the plate down in front of you, another waiter comes in behind with the pepper grinder and asks if you want pepper. Well, I haven't tasted my food yet so I don't know! Either wait until you've tasted your food, or leave pepper on the table.
An average tasting meal, with average service I'm afraid. Company was paying but I had the 2 courses for £22.50 option and didn't think it was great value for money

2  Thank Doddawidd69
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Using vouchers we were given as a gift we went along to this restaurant. Not an area of town we expected to find a decent restaurant but it turned out to be excellent. Excellent value meals (drinks extra or included - it's up to you!) - £21:50 for 3 courses - food was excellent - service was slick and friendly (it was almost full on a weekday night). We will be going back to this place.