“Great service, fabulous food and terrific value for money”
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #50 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went here for our staff christmas night out last night. The waiters were very friendly and were very organised and efficient. Food was really delicious. The celebration menu was fabulous value for £33 there was a choice of drink on arrival, I had a kir royale, then starter and a main course with lots of crusty bread and half a bottle of wine each (great choice of lovely wine - not house wine as some places might offer with deals) then desert, coffee, mints and a choice of liqueur. The restaurant has a cosy traditional feel but tables were a bit packed in quite tight in places for the waiters to squeeze in and out. Overall a very good experience. I would recommend it and will definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went on a Saturday night with a voucher for the celebration menu.

When we arrived out table wasnt ready so we had to wait about 10mins. That's not a problem but when booking we had been 'warned' that they need the table back in 2 hours. This was also mentioned on the menu.

All the restaurant staff semed to be concerned with was to get you back out as fast as possible. We ordered the aperitif at the same time as the wine -both also came around the same time...as well as the starter.

Starters were fine -pate was nice but the prawns a bit too salty.

After the starters the plates got cleared swiftly. I went to the toilet and when coming back the main course was already on the table.

Food again was okay but nothing special and the gravy tasted like it came out a packet.

As soon as the plates were cleared we were asked what dessert,liqueur and coffee we wanted. We asked for a bit more time.

We ordered apple pie which also tasted like out a packet and tiramisu which consisted of lots of whipped cream insted of mascarpone.

Need to mention the staff was pleasant but sitting near a throughway I got the back of my chair bumped every 5 mins.

Overall very underwhelming -especially after reading the good reviews here. We felt very rushed and the food was very mediocre.

piccolomondoGlasgow, Owner at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review. I am obviously disappointed that your experience did not match your expectations. Booking times are important but the overall experience of our customers is our top priority.

I am also disappointed you felt your meal did not reach the high standard you were looking forward to. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and food but your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will discuss your review with my staff and we will look at improvements to our service.
Again I would like to apologise that you did not enjoy a great Saturday night at Piccolo Mondo.

I hope this has not put you off returning as we would love to prove to you that we are a quality restaurant.

Take Care
Emilio Pierotti
Owner

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my first meal here last night. Fabulous food and excellent value as always but I have to admit the whole dining experience is better in the Renfrew restaurant. It just seems more special and personal there

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My fiancee and I purchased a deal frominternet for 3 course meals for 2.
we booked a table for 6pm on a friday evening and we were seated as soon as we arrived.
we were welcomed with a cocktail which was a nice touch while we browsed the menu.
the food was delicious and nice sized portions. we never waited around too long between courses even although the restaurant was busy at the time.
after we had stuffed ourselves with the 3 courses we were offered an after dinner liqueur which again i thought was a nice touch.
we both left very full and very happy with the experience here.
the staff were also very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Friends booked this restaurant, and we weren't disappointed!!
The service is second to none! The maitre'd was superb. As were the sommelier and waiters!
The food was awesome. We all had the house speciality of potted prawns - no wonder it's the house speciality!! My husband did comment that a touch of chilli may have been nice.
I couldn't decide for the main course. Should I be adventurous or have my favourite of lasagne?! I asked the maitre'd who said hands down, lasagne. Being a bit of an expert here, I can tell you it was amazing!!
Such standards and quality for such a good price!!
The only disappointing thing about this Glaswegian restaurant is that we live in Swansea!!

Can't wait to return!!