“A magical and a very special meal.”
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #29 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Anderston
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A magical and a very special meal.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I came to this restaurant on our first night in Glasgow. I found that the staff were extremely courteous. The meal, I have to say, was perhaps the best Italian meal I've ever had (and believe me, I eat a lot of Italian food!). Everything was cooked to perfection. Although, yes the prices seem a little on the high side, but in my opinion, it's worth every penny. We had a three course meal, a bottle of wine, garlic bread with cheese as a side and amazing Italian coffee afterwards. To top of the amazing night, my partner proposed to me at the end of the evening, which was not only an amazing surprise (which by the way, I did say "Yes"), but the staff when they found out were truly amazing and so happy for us. I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone there.

• Visited July 2013
piccolomondoGlasgow, Owner at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and also congratulations to you on your engagement.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food good, expensive”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very limited at times and days with special menu like celebration menu and no flexibility from menu.
Service was good, food was good, but not fantastic, wasnt blown away.

Visited May 2013
“Bland”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

After seeing all the outstanding reviews we were excited that this restaurant was so close to our hotel. But I honestly don't know what restaurant the reviews were about because the place we are at was not at all good.

I had the sausage for my appetizer and it just tasted of tomato sauce. I couldn't taste the beans or sausage. For my main I had the seafood stew. On the bright side it had a good mix of seafood and they did not go cheap on the amount. On the not so bright side the food was largely tasteless. Everyone at our table was unhappy with their meal and we didn't order dessert because we couldn't imagine it being very good after the first two courses.
The menu is also confusing with various deals to choose from.
The service was quite reasonable, friendly and responsive. Everyone seemed to work as a team.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Evertg
“Meh...”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Average pretty much covers it.

They offer so many deals that I was confused as to which one I'd booked. The wine list is massive and a touch confusing after a cheeky cocktail before dinner! It does represent value for money as portions and quality average for the price paid. That said, no part of it blew my mind and would make me rush back - sorry!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Foodloverglasgow33
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arranged to meet friends, from Glasgow, for lunch in a restaurant of their choice. They suggested 'Piccolo Mondo', and although we'd been to Glasgow many times we had never heard of this 'Italian'. Not only that, we'd walked past it many times, such is the unassuming frontage. Walking past is a big mistake for this is an excellent restaurant in the centre of Glasgow. Good food and wine with first class service and at a reasonable price. Reminds me of the way Italian restaurants used to be, but better.

• Visited June 2013
piccolomondoGlasgow, Owner at Piccolo Mondo, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your review, and we are glad you never walked past us this time and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you gain in the near future.