“bono!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The special menus at lunch and dinner are excellent value and the food is impressive. Commendable service too.

There are newer reviews for Piccolo Mondo

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have eaten at Piccolo Mondo at least 5 times this year and the food and service have been very good. Imagine my dismay when, having decided to take my colleagues along for the Christmas Celebration Menu and we were all but rudely thrown out after our allocated 2 hour time slot. Don't get me wrong I fully appreciate the time slot and in actual fact we were going to be meeting up with friends elsewhere anyway but the first thing was the Manager coming up and asking in a loud voice 'who is in charge of the bill'? This was in advance of offering the assembled group their liqueur which they would not have delivered if I had not made a comment about it. The next thing was that two of the waiters then appreared with a pile of coats to distribute again not requested. By this time I was extremely angry. Said Manager then appears and says 'were you not told your table was for 2 hours' As I told him it is not the two hour turnaround but the way they were dealing with our table. He said he had people waiting on the table but amazingly enough when we left the restaurant they must have been vapourised and there was no-one waiting. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was not busy and a quiet word would have sufficed. We only wanted to finish the drinks that they had been slow to bring and would have been on our way.

I have spent a considerable amount of money in this restaurant this year and feel it is incredible that they can afford to have this attitude to customers in a time of recession and also in a city where there are many restaurants who actually know how to treat the paying customer. Won't be back

2  Thank Lesley L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

treated my daughter to lunch for her birthday - we had the fixed price menu which included an aperitif and coffee - every course was delicious and well presented - the tables were beautifully set and the staff were very attentive - being so near to Christmas it was very busy even although we had the last booking time available for lunch. Would definitely recommend it for lunch or dinner

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had dinner last night once again at Piccolo Mondo - and it's fair to say the joint was jumping.So to be honest the service was a wee bit slower than usual but the quality was as exceptional as ever.

Christmas nights out are always a hit or miss, and more often the latter. But our meal last night - the ever popular "Celebration Menu" was fantastic. And though the restaurant could easily have greatly inflated the price or reduced quantity or quality - this wasn't the case.An extra fiver had been added to the menu cost for 2 people, making it £30 a head for three courses, coffee, aperitif ,1/2 bottle of wine per person and liqueur. WOW.

I have to agree with the earlier reviewer. the potted prawns are to die for. But every dish that the three of us chose last night from the extensive menu was just wonderful.As was the friendly and professional service - even though the staff clearly had their hands full.

p.s. I have stocked up on "Celebration Menu" Gift vouchers too. A lovely thing to give or receive!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was dismayed and surprised to read Harpo0458's review re 7th December. I have visited this restaurant 7 or 8 times in the last couple of years and found the food and service excellent.We have eaten as a family on several occasions for birthdays and retirement (approx 10 or 12 persons) and have had no complaints. The menu represents excellent value for money.

I am going on Thursday with three friends for our usual Christmas night out so I will reserve judgement until then and update my review accordingly