“Burnt & cold!!!”

Pizza Express
Ranked #699 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Glasgow Sauchiehall St offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
“Burnt & cold!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited as part of Orange Wednesday deal, warm welcome, nice starters, but we both ordered calzone, which arrived rather well cooked, but when cut open were cold inside, these were replaced after 15 minutes, but arrived even more well done AKA borderline burnt, but yet again cool in the middle. We had no time or inclination to send them back for a second time so we just ate them. I know it's buy one get one free but the standards should not slip just because we are on a deal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bearsdenbloke

“Excellent birthday treat for nephews”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I was with my parents, sister, brother in law and 9 year old nephews for their birthday treat. We ate at 3pm on a Saturday as were going to the theatre at 5pm.

We ate our starters and then William (?) came over to ask the boys if they would like to help make their own pizzas since it was quiet. He entertained them from "slapping" the dough into shape, he was doing tosses with the pizza base and the boys were dressed like mini chefs with their own aprons and hats. They loved it, and chef was brilliant with them.

Apparently there are kids parties in here and he is always great at doing them.

The service was excellent, pizza was delightful, I'm eating semi healthy so had a leggera pizza which is under 500 calories with salad in the middle. Would highly recommend and will be back!

Visited August 2013
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We turned up late and did not finish until after closing time. Food and service excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the guy who served us.

Visited August 2013
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Great food with service above and beyond that expected”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Coming from Fife we decided to eat here after a hard days shopping in Glasgow!
Although the restaurant was fairly quiet when we (couple and 17 year old daughter) arrived, it soon started to get busy. Food was really nice - from starter through to sweet. Service was excellent - friendly without being over-familiar, attentive without feeling as if we were being rushed. Overall, a good dining experience and one we would be more than happy to repeat.
Footnote: I rather stupidly left my glasses on our table and didn't realise until we got home (50 miles away). When my wife phoned the following day the staff could not be more helpful, agreed to post my glasses to me immediately and even refused our offer to pay the postage costs - now THAT'S service!
Well done Sauchiehall Street - keep up the good work
Hope to see you again soon.

• Visited June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I would fairly regularly eat at the Pizza Express in Belfast - and this one just does not compare.
I had lunch on a Sunday afternoon - service was good, but the food was not up to the usual high standards which I expect of this chain.

• Visited May 2013