“Lovely meal but voucher issue”

Zizzi - Glasgow Princes Square
Ranked #165 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Set on the top floor of the prestigious Princes Square boutique shopping centre on Buchanan Street just 5 minutes from the nearest transport link. Join us either for light lunch while you're shopping, or a delicious dinner before venturing out on the town. Our balcony seating is great for people-spotting or just being seen, and a great place to relax after a long day shopping. We also have tables situated within the main restaurant which are ideal for larger parties and give you the opportunity to watch the chefs & marvel at the local art work on the walls.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal but voucher issue”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went for dinner here with a friend and had a very enjoyable meal. It wasn't very busy so considering this some of the service could have been slightly quicker but this is a minor complaint. Both of us were very happy with our pizzas which were tasty and filling - even the 'skinny' version which was extremely satisfying.
One of reasons we visited Zizzi was because of a special offer voucher entitling us to 25% off our bill. Whilst we were told at the start this would be fine to use, when it came to paying we were told that the code would not go through as it had been entered before. I didn't like being made to feel like i was chancing my luck when i genuinely wasn't (I had downloaded it only 2 hours previously) therefore maybe the system should be sorted so as to ensure that offers prompting people through the doors don't then get declined on payment.

• Visited October 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went for a light dinner here with a friend as it is in a pleasant location. We had a table on the balcony and both ordered pasta. The service was excellent and attentive. However my dish was lukewarm and I asked for it to be heated up. The waiter was very pleasant and informed me it would take a few minutes. When it re-appeared the meal was appetizing and a reasonable portion. The garlic bread was excellent. The only negatives really were the price of the wine - it would be cheaper to buy a bottle but my friend likes white and I like red!!! We were going to have coffee but I have a slight back problem and the chairs were so hard that I couldn't sit there any longer so we went elsewhere to find more comfortable seating. £47 for 2 pasta dishes, garlic bread and 2 glasses of wine each.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome Again”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Have just finished my meal, "Risotto de Pesce" in fact my plate is still in front of me. Fantastic dish, Risotto with calamari, mussels & prawns (BIG prawns) & a lovely garlic focaccia with goats cheese & peppers. We've been here many times & it never fails to deliver. Good portions of good food well served at great prices. Well done again Zizzi.

• Visited September 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Excellent service and great food. Just what we were looking for after a long day travelling. Worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
Scotland
“Changed days.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I didn't realise until about a year ago Zizzi is a chain but didn't find it all too off putting as the food I had eaten there had been consistently fantastic. I have to say it's changed days, the whole approach is more commercial, it's profit driven and although all of the restaurant's interior are pleasant there isn't much contact with staff and some have a cold atmosphere.
I've ordered numerous dishes and the only thing that has stayed consistently excellent even now is the garlic bread, especially that with cheese and balsamic onions, it's really tasty and quite unusual.
Had a penne arrabiata on my last visit with pancetta. Boring sauce, really uninspired Tesco's own Italian type of flavour. It didn't have any depth and it was more of just an average filling pasta than a pleasant meal. Also not parmesan but creamy mozzarella piled on top of the pasta, with this particular sauce it's a little ill advised.
The service is fine there isn't much to say about it and the food isn't really bad it's edible but it just doesn't have anything exciting about it, I would see no reason to return.
In the past I loved Zizzi, the sauce was much spicier and tastier and now it's just dull. There are so many Italian restaurants in Glasgow that are far superior, wouldn't encourage anyone to go here it's just a basic meal.
It seems the approach has been cheapened, ingredients that cost less and are easier to make. However, in the midst of this regression there has been no alteration to the highly over priced charge, we're talking £15 for a generic pasta dish.
Wouldn't go back unless it was unavoidable so probably be my last visit. Shame really as I have had some really good experiences eating her in the past but it's not consumer focused. You're just getting run of the mill food, if you want anything vaguely authentic then avoid Zizzi.

• Visited July 2013