“Vegan treats in the heart of Glasgow”
Review of Mono Cafe Bar

Mono Cafe Bar
Ranked #220 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Vegan treats in the heart of Glasgow”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We don't get the healthiest of reps in Glasgow. However, this year we've been voted the best UK city for vegans.

It is no wonder with places like Mono to tickle your ethical tastebuds. Their menu is varied with hearty mains, light soup and sandwiches or lovely sweet treats.

You must try the chocolate torte. Utterly divine.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
“Terrific”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to Mono's vegan ale stew all day, only to find it was not on today's menu. A bit sad I chose the nasi goreng instead, which turned out to be equally delicious. Full of veggies, super tasty "sauce". Monos chef must be a genius. This is vegetable magic. Had a homebrewed eldeflower lemonade (just £1.50 for half a pint!) which was amazing. Will defo come back whenever im in Glasgow again. Please open a branch in Edinburgh!

• Visited September 2013
Torino, Italia
“An unexpected gem”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very close to Glasgow Green ther's this fantastic restaurant / record store where you eat veg: try the falafel and the soups of the day, cooked with combinations of uncommon ingredients that make them delicious! RECOMMENDED

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First Experience of a Vegan Restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went along on a Tuesday early evening and it was quite quiet. There were a few tables in use but mostly people were having a drink. After we sat down, service was very quick with a knowledge server who talked through the drink options and the wheat beers available.

I decided to have the refried bean burrito with salad and a side of chunky chips. My boyfriend had the nasi goreng with Malaysian style rice. The burrito was quite spicy but was very tasty and filling. The hand cut chips were massive and again very tasty.

Overall I was impressed with the food and surprised by the taste of the food. I will never become I vegan (let alone a vegetarian) but I would return and will even give it's sister restaurant The 78 a go too. Price wise the burrito was under £6.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Awesome place to eat”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Staff were friendly and attentive and above all the food exceeded my expectations.

My first experience of a vegan restaurant and will definitely recommend to my veggie and vegan friends.

I was unsure if the desserts would taste like there was something missing. How wrong I was. The cheesecake was to die for. I had the caramel one but had a taste of my friend's lime and tequila one.

Loved the rose lemonade.

Couldn't fault the restaurant in any way. Perfect.