“Good food”

Ranked #116 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The original La Bonne Auberge first opened its doors on Bastille Day in 1975, and it's had something to celebrate ever since. Glasgow's first French-Mediterranean brasserie and Bar, this smart restaurant with its aproned waiters and blackboard menus now has an AA Rosette to confirm what the locals have known all along. Set in the fashionable Theatreland district, this is a feast of Riviera cuisine.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The menu is good with a good variety of food. It is not too expensive but if you have a tastecard you will half the bill. Best to book in advance

Visited August 2013
SeanSimpson11, Manager at La Bonne Auberge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Glasgow
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If the food here was as good as the service, I would be here every weekend, we were here on a deal £45.00 for three courses including a bottle of wine and whilst this is very reasonable other restaurants do offer a similar deal which offers better value. The food was okay, but the menu selection was limited and on the whole quite bland and boring, the food was nicely presented but the portion sizes were small. As I mentioned at the beginning the service can't be faulted.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review and the kind comments. We will certainly keep your comments in mind when planning future menus.
Thanks again
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Attended a dinner here and our group were given a private room in the hotel area. The staff could not have been more helpful. Several of our party had special dietary requirements and were catered for with courtesy and care. THe food was excellent value for money and delicious. Without exception, the staff went out of their way to make our dining experience enjoyable. Highly recommend. !!!

• Visited September 2013
Thanks for the review we are delighted that you enjoyed it
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“"Excellent Quality and Service Every Time"”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have a 'Tastecard' discount card and regularly dine at La Bonne Auberge when meeting with colleagues and friends and have found the quality of food and service to be excellent. Latest visit was a day out to the movies at Cineworld across the road from the restaurant then after the film my wife and I went for a meal and drinks. My wife had the Loin of Venison and I had a Fillet Steak and both dishes were delicious. I always find it a problem in restaurants to get a steak just the way I like it but La Bonne Auberge chefs always get it right for me. I asked for some Chardonnay wine which was not in stock but the staff recommended Vermentino which went down rather well. Although only a main course and drinks I feel the quality of the food and service for £55 after 'Tastecard' discount was excellent value for money and I look forward to my next visit to La Bonne Auberge.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for the great review we do appreciate the feedback.
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food. Great Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit. I chose the restaurant as I was staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express and The Bonne Auberge accepted my Tastecard Discount. I had Scallops followed by Ribeye Steak. Everything was beautifully cooked and the quality was superb. The steak was cooked exactly as I required and the accompanying vegetables were fresh and tasty.

The service was excellent. I was swiftly seated and my Waiter, Douglas, showed his knowledge of the menu. Always a good sign in my book. He was also able to recommend an excellent locally brewed beer. (I'm not much of a wine drinker). Two pints of St Mungo Ale, from the West Microbrewery, went down extremely well and was just the right choice. Well done Douglas.

My fellow diners all seemed to be enjoying their experience. I will certainly come here again.

Visited September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. It's encouraging for the whole team and Douglas is deservedly thrilled to see his name mentioned in such a good light.

Thanks again.