“Delightful dinner”

Fanny Trollope's
Ranked #9 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Enjoy some of Scotland's finest seasonal produce in a friendly atmospheric and busy neighbourhood bistro, popular with locals. We specialise in fish, seafood, Scottish beef and lamb, fowl and game.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Delightful dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited this fab bistro last weekend with my mum and we were blown away!! The couple that own this place are fab hosts!! So very attentive and welcoming! The food was faultless and we can't wait to return next time we're in the area! Thanks guys!

• Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went to Fanny Trollope's for the first time last night with my boyfriend. The staff were amazing considering how busy they were! Both were very polite and efficient and very friendly. We shared the pate to start which was light and fluffy. The waiter even gave us a bit of extra bread which was very thoughtful. I had wood pigeon which was scrummy - I polished the plate off! Then we asked for just ice cream to finish which wasn't on the menu but they did for us no problem. This small restaurant offered a friendly personal service with delicious food that was very reasonably priced for the west end! Will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2014
Paisley,Scotland
“Overrated !”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

First time at Fanny Trollope's..cant say it was anything to write home about as I've had nicer meals out for a lot less money...its pretty expensive for what you get. Don't get me wrong the food was nice enough but I was just looking forward to something really special considering all the excellent reviews.
I felt the portion sizes were pretty stingy, I mean two small half slices of toast for my pate ? Really ?
Service started off really well with nice friendly staff but kind of tailed off as we then spent ages waiting on desert menu and ending up having to ask for it.. sorry but that's a pet hate of mine !
Choice on menu very limited..some people could struggle finding something they like.. and to me that just shouldn't happen. Don't think I would go back.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Albadav
“Superb location for the Hydro.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Great food, excellent choice served by friendly staff.....ideal for a pre-theatre meal when visiting the Hydro, although I would recommend booking! Excellent, will be back!

Visited April 2014
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited this restaurant after purchasing a deal on a voucher website. Incredible food and fantastic value. Had beef with a broth and mustard mash for main and it is among some of the nicest mains I've ever had. Really small and cosy restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. Will 100% be returning. Excellent place to visit if you're entertaining guests.

• Visited January 2014