“Fanny's Fantastic Food!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Enjoy some of Scotland's finest seasonal produce in a friendly atmospheric and busy neighbourhood bistro, popular with locals. We specialise in fish, seafood, Scottish beef and lamb, fowl and game.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went through to Glasgow from Uni to meet my parents and we went to this restaurant. Don't judge a book by its cover, the food and staff were brilliant. Although the menu is small, its apparent its constantly changing and everything on it seemed to be cooked to perfection. Much better than a lot on the menu only cooked to bog standard level! The restaurant is small but has a great atmosphere and lively feel. Will definitely be returning!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

999 - 1,003 of 1,441 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2013

First time in fanny trollopes but had read the reviews and we weren't disappointed. Food and service were great . Nothing was too much trouble and Harry made us feel very welcome! Look forward to going again

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After hearing great word of mouth reviews we went here for a special occasion last night and everyone left very happy! The menu is small, on average 5 options per course but in my opinion it shows they just put the extra effort into those dishes! It is a small bistro style restaurant which woud be better suited for parties of 2 or 3... our party of 5 may have been a little loud for such a small place but still felt comfrotable moving in and out of the table.

Prices are higher than average but the quality of the food shows why. I'm still not convince though that the location is worth £16 - £17 for a main meal. Not a great drink selection if you like beer or spirits but its a rare find to get somewhere that allows BYOB!! Corkage fee of £5 is a little high also but just make it a really good bottle and I'm sue it will be worth your while!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been to this restaurant half a dozen times over the last few years. I'm normally the type to try new things, but Fanny Trollope's will our regular for a good while yet. The service is absolutely impeccable - Harry is incredibly welcoming and attentive. So much so that after a hard day at the office he has the beverage of choice prepared for arrival.

The cuisine is exceptional, the atmosphere close but convivial and I've yet to have anything other than an excellent time.

This was the first time we've made it along for the early bird menu, and I can't imagine many places in the local vacinity which represent more bang for your buck. I've lived in the city all my life and can categorically say, in my experience, it's one of the best venues around.

Fine dining without pretention.

Highly recommend giving it a try. You'll be back again and again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

visited again with family and they did not disappoint. Well done on providing top quality, informal, yet very efficient service and excellent food. From starters, mains to deserts, everything was great. Good value for money on the ever changing menu. Thanks again and we will be back soon. Our daughter is also looking forward to becoming a regular, as she was offered the "early bird" discounted menu. Being a poor uni student (??!), she will definitely put it to good use.