“Excellent as always”
Review of India Quay

India Quay
Reserve with OpenTable
India Quay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,511 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: India Quay is a trendy, contemporary space amidst the hustle and bustle of Glasgow. A traditional Indian welcome awaits you at India Quay, where you will find a restaurant that triumphantly pairs traditional Indian cuisine with ‘urban chic’.Adjacent to the newly redeveloped Finnieston area, and only a short walking distance of the SECC and Clyde Auditorium, India Quay overlooks the banks of the River Clyde, providing awe-inspiring views of the city’s famous Finnieston Crane, ‘Squinty Bridge’ and new Hydro Arena in the distance.India Quay’s menu is made up of long-established Indian favourites, but we do have a few surprises up our sleeve. Order the delicious Lamb Desi or Cheese, Chilli, and Coriander Naan Bread to see what we mean.The restaurant’s stark black and white interior oozes with understated style, though dashes of flamboyance accentuate the space. It’s the little details that make India Quay’s individuality stand out above the rest.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My 2nd visit to this restaurant, amazing food and service as always. Great view of the beautiful and ever amazing squinty bridge. Surprisingly the staff remembered me and managed to accommodate me and my business colleagues quite easily, on a busy friday night. Our waiter for the night, look after our table really well. Good suggestions and recommendations were made, which helped to make the meal a more enjoyable treat than a business dinner. As always I would like to highly recommend this restaurant and would always be coming back.

1  Thank Samuel J

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Four of us visited here to celebrate a birthday. We had the combination starter, with popadams and onions. To follow we had South Indian garlic chicken, Chicken Tikka sizzlers and a tandoori sizzler which the staff were only tooo happy to adapt for my son's taste. All the dishes were cooked to perfection and the rice and garlic nan were just as good. Only problem was the portions. Far too much to finish, although my son was only too pleased to take a substantial "goody bag" to consume later. We had drinks to start with and prosecco to follow , coffees and liqueurs to round off completed a memorable evening at a reasonable cost. I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. The staff were attentive and helpfull and the atmosphere was just right. We will be booking for our pantomime night at the SECC in December.

2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a fantastic time. Stupidly decided to eat a phaal with zero tolerance to spice. Our waiter Sonny was always there at the right time to offer me advice, another pint of lager, or tend to my tear-soaked cheeks.

Would definitely return to this restaurant and thought that it was a fantastic price. The staff were a definite highlight to this meal.

1  Thank Daniel N
Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of the best Indian meals we have had in a long time. Will definitely be back the next time we are in Glasgow

1  Thank fiona d
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to India Quay before a concert at the Hydro, although we had already experienced a take out from the restaurant. We had 2 starter platters which were amazing - not a bad item on either board. Our main courses arrived promptly and did not disappoint! We were all delighted with our meals - I had opted for the Chicken Moonga which was perfect for me - plenty of spice and so much garlic! The garlic naan bread was by far the best we've ever had, and we eat Indian food a lot!! As for the service... OUTSTANDING! Every member of staff we spoke to was attentive and friendly, especially Sunny, who accommodated us throughout our visit! All in all, we will definitely be returning to India Quay soon, thanks for such an amazing meal and generally brilliant experience... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :D

1  Thank Meghan C