“The Best Indian Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of India Quay

India Quay
Reserve with OpenTable
India Quay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: India Quay is a trendy, contemporary space amidst the hustle and bustle of Glasgow. A traditional Indian welcome awaits you at India Quay, where you will find a restaurant that triumphantly pairs traditional Indian cuisine with ‘urban chic’.Adjacent to the newly redeveloped Finnieston area, and only a short walking distance of the SECC and Clyde Auditorium, India Quay overlooks the banks of the River Clyde, providing awe-inspiring views of the city’s famous Finnieston Crane, ‘Squinty Bridge’ and new Hydro Arena in the distance.India Quay’s menu is made up of long-established Indian favourites, but we do have a few surprises up our sleeve. Order the delicious Lamb Desi or Cheese, Chilli, and Coriander Naan Bread to see what we mean.The restaurant’s stark black and white interior oozes with understated style, though dashes of flamboyance accentuate the space. It’s the little details that make India Quay’s individuality stand out above the rest.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The Best Indian Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in glasgow last week for a conference in secc. This restaurant was strongly recommended by the staff in the hotel. Since i had tried few Indian restaurant in glasgow and it was all below average I was a bit worried. But then my friends said lets give it a try . It was really surprising that their food really delicious and reasonable . Especially their vegetable side dishes were particularly tasty and yummy. Even the boys serving us were excellent and really friendly. Will be back definitely when we are in glasgow next time.

• Polish first
Fort William
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great meal. One of the best Indians weve had. Nan breads are huge!!!!. Spotlessly clean restaurant with lovely views over the clyde. Staff were all friendly with a special mention to Rizzie.
Will defo go back on our next visit to glasgow.
Thanks for the hospitality guys and the anniversary drink
Cheers
Kevin & Lesa

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went on the pre theatre, 2 courses for 12.95, choice was good and plentyful. Food was great and again plentyful, no small portions. It's loction is also great just on the SECC door step, great for concert goers.

Bristol
“what a difference a day makes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

decided to try the restaurant, with some in-trepidation, yesterday evening (being very particular about my "indian" food), but to my surprise the service was great. I ordered take-out of chapatti, chicken chaat and bhindi side, no trouble friendly staff and they were happy to deliver to my door at the hotel opposite. What's more the food actually tasted lovely. So it was the obvious choice for tonights dinner. However whilst I was placing the order the phone was passed without warning or explanation to an older gentleman, presumably the owner, who was very unfriendly right from the start. He advised that I couldn't order a side without a main even though a main was far too much for me and this wasn't mentioned yesterday. Further more they couldn't deliver as they were too busy. The tone was distinctly frostey, almost as though he was doing me a favour! I should've listen to my instincts and gone elsewhere. However, I picked up the order (from a quiet restaurant), and was very disappointed with my aloo gobi and lamb kebab (which wasn't on the menu, however available on request???). The kebab tasted like a mass produced low quality product, the type that are to be avoided at all costs and the aloo gobi side was bland, mushy and barely contained an gobi. needless to say it went in the bin and I enjoyed a lovely meal in the hotel resteraunt instead, with friendly staff and good quality food. I would strongly recommended you give this place a wide berth.

Penrith, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best indian restaurant I've ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

How anyone can write anything other than 'excellent' for the India Quay amazes me. We eat a LOT of Indian food and this is without doubt the best we've ever tasted. Each course was fresh and delicious, the service was warm and friendly and even the music was perfect. I LOVE this place and just wish it was closer to home. If it was I'd eat there every week.

• Visited July 2012