“In two words - THE BEST!”
Review of Kama Sutra Glasgow

Kama Sutra Glasgow
Ranked #140 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Release your inner strumpet at the Kama Sutra, a salacious Indian on Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street. A truly tantalising feast for the senses, this intimate candlelit restaurant boasts a menu with titles including 'Saucy Suggestions' and 'Old Flames'. The exotic eastern cuisine includes favourites such as the popular karahi bhoona, and low-calorie curries such as the salmon and prawn masala. The Mixed Thali menu gives set menu options for two, or if you're feeling abnormally audacious, four. Popular for business lunches and parties, the Kama Sutra restaurant attracts both tourists and locals, and has a downstairs function room with DJs and a karaoke machine.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The menu is extensive, so you will be spoilt for choice. I can recommend the Himalayan Hot Pot if you like your curry quite spicy. The food was well cooked, well presented and absolutely delicious. The restauarant was busy and there was a really good atmosphere. Staff were friendly, helpful and efficient - obviously well trained by their delightful manager Imteyaz - what a character! There are several Indian restauarants in the vicinity but you will be disappointed unless you head straight for KAMA SUTRA. You'll love it!!!

1  Thank ecolley2016

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was travelling on my own on business and called in here for dinner, eating off the Pre-Theatre menu.

I had Chicken Pakora for starter and Poona Lamb for main course and both were very good. The Chicken Pakora was very well presented, and tasted very good.

The lamb dish was very good - the meat wasn't fatty like I have experienced in other places and the dish was well flavoured.

I ordered a Naan bread to go with my Poona Lamb and despite having a healthy appetite I couldn't even get close to finishing my main course. The freshly cooked naan bread was probably enough to share between two or three people - though I had a good stab at finishing it myself. I also had pilau rice to accompany the dish and it wasn't quite what I was expecting or too my liking, but was more than passable and I had no problem in eating it.

The atmosphere was pleasant - modern Indian music was playing in the background and there were a reasonable number of people in the place for early in the evening. The service was excellent. All the staff were attentive and my main server was very friendly without being imposing.

The pre-theatre menu was very good value considering the size of the proportions and quality of the food.

I will make a point of visiting again the next time I am in Glasgow.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went for the pre theatre menu.
Excellent value for money, food was very good and the portion sizes were not too big.
Was late afternoon/ very early evening. I'm sure the atmosphere will be better later on

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Make sure Nele is your waitress. First class service. The menu is not the typical Glasgow one. This has lots of interesting choices. Well worth the visit oooohhh and not overly expensive. Go on give it a bash.

1  Thank Colin W
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I really enjoyed my meal at Kama Sutra, with so much choice in the curry capital it's not easy to know if your going to find a good one. Well this is one of the good ones. Staff are really friendly, helpful in deciding what to eat, there is plenty of choice - all very appetising. Starting with the lamb chops which were tender and juicy, nicely spiced and cooked to perfection. For main I had the lamb cooked on the bone, again excellent, with a peshwari nan, nicely cooked. All in all a very good meal. I'll be back.