“Never disappoints”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Shish Mahal serves consistently good food. I've been going there for many many years and everyone I introduce to this wonderful restaurant comes back over and over again. The food is great and it is not overpriced. The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you.We go every week and are never disappointed. Their lunch time menu is amazingly cheap at £7.50 or £8.50 for a three course meal with coffee. I would highly recommend you try it. You will be back.

2  Thank Foodie1610

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Shish Mahal is a Glaswegian institution of long standing(40+yrs) and is simply and affectionately known as "the Shish". You will not find a better Indian restaurant in Glasgow.....or probably anywhere else in fact. The decor is solid and timeless and the staff and usually present owners are the most professional and curteous you can encounter. The food is unforgettable and the signature Lamb bhuna must not be missed. Sitting in on your own or as a couple/ family is a real treat by the window watching Glasgow by or upstairs in the balcony with good friends if you are in party mood. A more regular treat for our family is a large takeaway which is great value and generous in proportion too. The beauty is that the food is absolutely consistent in quality and quantity and thoroughly dependable......never changes......Same old!
If you are in Glasgow looking for a truly great Indian meal/experience at mid range pricing you must visit the Shish. Good luck!?.... you wont need it

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been eating in the Shish Mahal, at one of it's addresses since 1982, although I probably only visit once every 6 months. Each time I visit, I ask myself why don't I come here more often?
We were here for a birthday a group of 13 and so it was a big table to deal with. We ordered the banquet which is a weide selection of mixed starters and a variety of main courses with everyone trying a little of what they fancy.
One of our party has a severe allergy to tomatoes and the waiter sat and prepared a selection of starters and small mains that helped her avoid the dreaded "Tom".
The service was fantastic, from the moment we were shown to our seats until we parted at closing time.
Of the starters the Harissa Lamb Chop is fantastic. All the lamb dishes were tender and as it was a mixed group they were not too hot but similarly not too bland. There was none of the vast quantities of cream you sometimes get.
Kingfisher beer is always nicer than a pint of tenements. Will definitely be going back, but this time a lot sooner than before.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place never fails to disappoint. Cannot recommend the lamb tandoori enough. Really great lunch menu too.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, I especially enjoyed the Peshawar naan. The service was the only negative, mid meal table of four all with empty glasses! Took about 10 minutes to flag someone down to get a drink even though the restaurant was quiet. However all in all I will return and enjoy again.