“Fun”
Review of Dakhin

Dakhin
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakhin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Established in 2004, Dakhin was the first authentic South Indian restaurant in Scotland. Set amidst the centre of Glasgow's Merchant city district, it offers diners a vast array of speciality dishes from India's southern region. We're talking about authentic recipes using fresh natural ingredients from award-winning chefs. Food worth talking about, and a warm dining experience to savour. Dakhin proudly features within the Michelin Guide and comes highly recommended by many food critics. If you are looking for something different from your run of the mill Indian restaurant then you'd best be sure not to miss out.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fun”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Four of us shared a mixed starter and then we had 5 mains, mixed meat, fish and vegetables. Everything was a different flavour and sauce which was great to dip into and taste. We loved it all, especially the paper dosa!

We will be back

• Visited June 2014

“Amazing Experience - So Friendly”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

What a fantastic find, recommended by a colleague. Food was outstanding, the Monkfish starter was sublime. We had chef recommended mixed starters and mains - absolutely beautiful.
The staff could not have done more to be honest, so very friendly and attentive.
I would recommend this to anyone visiting, I am sure there are cheaper places around, but in this case - it is worth paying a little more to get the quality of food. I believe they have a sister restaurant, which I hope to check out on my next visit.

• Visited June 2014
glasgow
“Friends dinner”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We visit Dakhin for friends' birthdays every year - usually between 8 and 12 of us. It is consistently good. The menu is huge and the staff are really good at suggesting what to try. This time I had lamb and it was amazing. I didn't have a starter and still couldn't finish!! The service is always good and the staff are friendly. Even with a few fussy friends/vegetarians in the group, we always enjoy the food and it suits everyone.

Its upstairs, across from Metropolitan in Merchants Square and if you don't know its there, you can miss it.

Overall it can be more expensive when compared to other Indian restaurants around but it is much better! You can book it on 5pm.co.uk at the moment and you get 50% off (pre theatre idea).

• Visited March 2014
Glasgow
“Taking my English Friends for a real Curry”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Two of my pals came up from down south so I thought I would take them to a real Indian restaurant, as I had been here before.

I was not disappointed the service was excellent and food even better as a connoisseur of curries it was out of this world! The taste was so good and the bread and rice enhanced the flavours.

Andy's Top Tip don't have starter as you will be to full , go after 6 pm and park in the side st on single yellow lines free after 6, don't go the the very very expensive muddy council car park

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really friendly service and lovely food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I went to The Dakhin for a meal. The service was really good and the restaurant was lovely. The food was really good with a lot of choice available. Extreme tasty and enjoyable! Thanks

• Visited May 2014