“First time and wont be my last” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dakhin

Dakhin
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakhin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Established in 2004, Dakhin was the first authentic South Indian restaurant in Scotland. Set amidst the centre of Glasgow's Merchant city district, it offers diners a vast array of speciality dishes from India's southern region. We're talking about authentic recipes using fresh natural ingredients from award-winning chefs. Food worth talking about, and a warm dining experience to savour. Dakhin proudly features within the Michelin Guide and comes highly recommended by many food critics. If you are looking for something different from your run of the mill Indian restaurant then you'd best be sure not to miss out.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First time and wont be my last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Indian food is not my first choice but it was my mates so along we went. I will be back! The food was first class as was the service. I had 3 courses it was that good! Great selection for non meat eaters :)

• Visited September 2012

Crumlin, United Kingdom
“Different, but excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Myself and my colleague stumbled across Dakhin whilst looking for another Indian restaurant - we both needed the toilet, so decided to jump inside - and that was a great decision. I had the chicken Dosa - 'a meal in itself' was the description by the attentive waiter - and he was not wrong. Nice to have an Indian meal not swimming in oil, with quality ingredients. Reasonably priced too, definitely worth a visit.

Visited October 2012
Glasgow
“Excellent Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Dined as a party if five, with tastes varying from the seriously spicy to the mild as possible, please.

The portions are generous so we only managed two courses therefore I can't comment on the desserts.

The food is a bit different to what you find in other Indian restaurants around the city. For starters the Mamsam pepper fry really stoodout. The lamb was wonderfully tender and nce and spicy too. For main courses the Masa Koondhapur, Kodi Koora and Mysore Chilli Koli were all first class. We asked for an assortment of rice and breads and a paper dosa (which is massive, the 5 of us coudn't finish it between us), again all very good.

Drinks are reasonably priced with a bottle of reasonable Sauvignon Blanc around the £17 mark.

If you are going to be going there regularly getting the free loyalty card gets you 10% of your food, so well worth doing.

Would certainly recommend and will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I dined here last night with my other half last night after thoroughly enjoying a night at the Dhabba (it's sister restaurant) a month previously.

From the moment you step into the Dakhin, all the glorious cooking smells hit you and make you keen to sample a little bit of everything on the menu. Both our starters and mains were delicious! Cooked fresh and served piping hot, we really couldn't fault anything. I had the spiced lamb dosa for main and it was enormous! Honestly, the food was fantastic.

The waiting staff are polite, very efficient and friendly and were only too happy to make recommendations when asked.

We left very happy, VERY full and debating which restaurant won out of the Dakhin and the Dhabba all the way home. For me, it has to be the Dakhin.

Glasgow
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took a friend/colleague who was visiting Glasgow for the first time in a decade to sample this new style of Indian cooking. We had the choice of several starters, mains and two desserts and honestly enjoyed every mouthful.

• Visited September 2012