“Amazing”
Review of Bothy Restaurant

Bothy Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Bothy is a unique Scottish restaurant located just off Byres Road in the West End of Glasgow. Experience a return to Scottish home cooking, the traditional way with the likes of haggis, neeps and tatties, grilled Scottish salmon and steak pie amongst others. No matter how stuffed you are you'll not want to miss dessert with dishes such as pistachio creme brulee or mango and raspberry iced parfait to name but a few.The combination of friendly service and a delicious, hearty menu make The Bothy the perfect location for family and friends to enjoy dinner in welcoming, Scottish surroundings. If you are in a group it won't cost a penny more to hire one of the private rooms just for yourselves.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you've got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My brother took me and my sister her for dinner last week and it was a very enjoyable night, the food was amazing especially the haggis parcels an the lamb gigot chop meal all very tasty, will defo go back the next time I am back in glasgow. Please open up another Bothy Resaurant in Jersey Channel Islands!!!

Bothy G, General Manager at Bothy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear brendoor,

I am delighted to read that you had an "amazing" time with us at The Bothy, haggis is a Bothy specialty and a personal favorite of mine too!
I will suggest the Channel Islands idea to my boss, you never know...
Look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Glasgow.

Calum

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A group of friends and I came here for a birthday meal. The staff couldn't have been more helpful both on the actual night and helping to deal with requests. Food was great, a really good scottish menu. Not the best for vegetarians.

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it's always nice to hear that our guests have had an enjoyable time with us and especially when they are here for a special occasion.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were only looking for a snack, the weather was fantastic and it was good to escape the bustle of Byres Road, so all the signs were good. The BLT has to be the best I have ever tasted, followed by the trio of desserts, which were lovely too. All served with a smile and no expectation that we should be having a full lunch. I looked at the menu and it looked very appealing, so I will definitely be back.

Dear egl10,

Thank you for dropping in for a lite bite and thank you for taking the time post your review, glad you enjoyed and we hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I would have expected alot more from this well established restaurant but it didn't blow me away. Was there for a family birthday and didn't really feel like we were looked after that much. The way our table was set up some people people had to sit on a couch which was awkward for eating at.

1  Thank zoems01
Bothy G, General Manager at Bothy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear zoems01,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review, it is with great disappointment I read that you had only an average experience with us on what was clearly a special occasion.
I appreciate that dining from the sofas is not to everyone's taste however they are a firm favorite of many of our guests, if future should you not be comfortable where you have been seated, please feel free to bring it to our attention and we will endeavour to find a more suitable table.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail you can contact me directly at bothy@g1group.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Children of a deceased colleague took us to the special place they dined with their father. A splendid experience and the best cullen skink and Highland haggis, neeps and tatties I have eaten. If you are put off by the description of haggis you have not tried haggis in the Bothy.

Bothy G, General Manager at Bothy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear EugeneLong,

It would appear that you traveled some distance for this special occasion and is with great delight that I read of your "splendid" experience at The Bothy.
So glad you got taste some true Scottish dishes and if you ever find yourself hungry in the West End of Glasgow please drop by again...

Many thanks & kind regards,