“do not visit”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Used a groupon voucher on Thursday night. Staff were awful, place freezing, there were tiny flies. I ate 2 pieces of chicken out my curry which were cold and now 24 hours later I have food poisoning. I informed them, no apology and still had to pay remaining bill. Awful customer service. If last resort do not even think about visiting this place. Walk on by!

3  Thank Didly182

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ate here on a quiet Wednesday evening using a voucher. Not sure if the voucher or the quiet week day led to the uninspiring food. I had swithered about whether I would rate I-Chai as average but the deciding factor was that I would definitely not return or recommend on the basis of my experience but I can see from other reviews that this restaurant may have a lot more to offer on other evenings. The place is a bit dated but I can't say that is a problem for me. I think they should work on improving their loo though as freezing, bit grubby and teeny flies in residence. Both of our meals were on greasy side and I think maybe being quiet led chef to be less focussed than you might otherwise expect. Booth seating nice and waitress unobtrusive which is a plus point for me. There is street parking outside.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My partner and I decided to try here as we walked by it was very busy and nice atmosphere. Nice selection of things to choose from on the menu. Starters - the dumplings were worth the extra wait and nice to know they are cooked fresh. The salt and chilli ribs were disappointing not much flavour and they were battered and fried so very fatty. Main course - the salt and chilli combination with prawns, squid and chicken was delicious, and the crispy noodle and chicken dish was very nice.
The drinks were inexpensive, staff attentive and we had a pleasant evening, we will be back.

1  Thank MScott18
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We like to go here for a quick meal as they do really cheap and good lunch menus. The food generally arrives quickly and is cooked well. Menu has also a good variety of typical dishes. Great place for a meal with friends or even for 2. Have been back at least 5 times in the past year.

1  Thank Trish1244
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Liked the menu here, pretty well varied and has all your usual suspects and a few more, the pre-theatre menu was a very good deal with a good selection also. Inside is a tad dated decor wise, but can't say I could name too many chinese restuarants that aren't. Staff very pleasent and attentative. Plus free prawn crackers. The amount of restuarants that don't do this is beyond me. So well done I Chai! Overall, will be back as it was pretty decent and good value.

2  Thank rossd1909