“Fantastic delicious fresh food”
Review of Dragon-i

Dragon-i
Reserve with OpenTable
Dragon-i is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: In a remarkably short space of time Dragon-i has become one of the most talked about restaurants in not only Glasgow, but in Scotland as a whole. In fact, this astonishing eating establishment has captured the headlines south of the border, having been named one of the top five Chinese UK restaurants in the prestigious Observer food monthly supplement. But Dragon-i is more than a traditional Chinese eaterie - considerably more - as the plethora of culinary awards testifies to the creative skills of our Scottish Chef Silver Award Winner, Stephen Man whose remarkable vision has turned it into an unforgettable dining experience. Their outstanding passion in creating a superb dining experience and a friendly environment with outstanding personal contact make any visit an evening to remember and treasure.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Dragon-I & it definitely won't be our last. The staff were very attentive, friendly & professional. The food was fresh & delicious. My husband had a beef dish for his main course which he said was tender & delicious. I had a vegetarian dish, the vegetables were fresh and cooked to perfection served in a scrumptious sauce with garlic butter rice on the side which was superb! Starters & desserts were equally as fresh & delightful. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Anjcat7

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I ate here with a friend last night and enjoyed the meal, and would not hesitate to go back, but it is quite expensive, and somewhat lacking in atmosphere.
The limited choice menu is, in my opinion, a benefit - none of those obscure sounding dishes covering eight pages and meaning much the same thing in each related case!
The staff are absolutely charming, and attentive, which is a plus point, and the food was good.
I thought the pricing was on the high side - a bit over £80 for two meals, including four small beers and two glasses of house wine.
The shredded duck pancakes for two, which you can order as a starter, are very tasty, and recommended.
I can imagine that there would be more atmosphere at weekends when the place is fuller, but the high ceilings and lighting are not flattering, and could do with improvement.

2  Thank KingMcKong
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Was in here with a friend and could not find a single fault, great food, great service I great surroundings, will defo be back

Reviewed October 27, 2013

i went to this restaurant with a voucher which covered a two course meal for two people. my friend and i were not allowed to sit in the chosen table we'd taken but asked to sit at the back of the restaurant instead for some reason. the table was not reserved or anything. the waitress came to take our order and my itison voucher number. but it turned out itison had sent me an email with the order number and i'd printed that out. unknown to me, they'd sent a second email with the voucher number and i hadn't seen it. anyway, we couldn't get a signal for our mobile phones strong enough to get a speedy internet connection so i could check my emails. it took ages and the chinese waitress kept coming up every few minutes demanding the number in a louder and louder voice. eventually with sweat beginning to run down my face i finally had to put my hand up to her and say, stop! i know what you want and im doing this as fast as i can but the signal in here is so poor the info cant be found any sooner than the signal will allow. all the diners around us were looking. i was so ashamed. i felt i had no money or something... but i was damned if i was going to pull cash out when i'd already paid. she went away and i called another waitress over who took out her own phone, punched in the wifi code for the restaurant and pulled up the info i needed in just a few minutes. she was kind and gentle and totally calmed me back down. i think my frien was sweating under the collar at my distress but didn't want to say anything. needless to say we ate our tasty meals rather quickly and got out of there quickly. never to return. i've heard other people saying now that they are not getting their meals when they say they've a voucher for dragon-i. they just say they're full. so think twice before buying one. they are not all nice people in there and i've never been treated like that in any restaurant in any country and i've lived in a few.

1  Thank goingawander
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been to the Dragon I more than once and I have always been very happy. I have bought vouchers from it is on.com and booked though 5pm. On every occasion I have been very impressed with the food, drinks and definitely the service. They are always happy to amend the meals for me as I am a very fussy eater. I like it that much I am planning a birthday meal with my friends soon :-)

1  Thank hideandseek23