“Excellent food, helpful staff shame about the blown bulb”
Review of The Left Bank

The Left Bank
Ranked #356 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, helpful staff shame about the blown bulb”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was taken here for my birthday. The food was fantastic and lovely atmosphere. Well thought out fusion menu with wide range (v.good for veggies). Good wine list that was very reasonably priced (less than a tenner between the house and most expensive red). The staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Only issue was our table was under a spot that had blown and lest our alcove too dark. As fully booked they couldn't move us but staff did their best with curtains etc.

• Visited June 2013

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Top Burgers!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We went in for a Saturday lunchtime meal... We both chose burgers, as many had recommended them. All about them was excellent. The atmosphere and service was great and we both left very pleased with the meal and experience. My only slight criticism is the price, which came to just under £30 and we were drinking sparkling water. However it was very nice.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Canadian loves this place!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a long hike up Ben Nevis my husband and I could not return and eat in the hotel restaurant another night. Looked up this place and called for a reservation. Perfect! Great table and the waitress Megan ( hope I remembered her name correctly) was a sweetheart.
Wonderful sweet potato and garbanzo bean burger, loved it!
Will always remember how nice these folks were and how good the service was.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Brunch!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to The Left Bank for weekend brunch. They have an extensive menu with some really tasty sounding alternatives to the standard all day breakfast. I ordered the French toast with maple syrup and bacon. It was delicious and a very decent sized portion, three big chunky pieces of French toast with two pieces of bacon and a dish of maple syrup. For £4.95 this is definitely worth it and great if you're needing a kick for the day. My friend ordered the eggs mornay with the mushrooms and truffle oil which was really tasty too.

The restaurant itself has a pretty relaxed atmosphere and has nice decor. The staff are friendly but a little slow on service - maybe because we were upstairs and far from the bar area.

Really tasty food with a spin, definitely worth trying.

• Visited May 2013
“Awful coffee but lovely staff”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Ive been here for food as it has vegan options, which are nice. This time I came here with friends for coffee and it was like drinking tepid coffee flavoured water. I thought it might be a one off so we got another one, which was exactly the same. Rather disappointing even though the staff were friendly. I'll be back for food but never for coffee. Sorry guys.

• Visited May 2013