“Fantastic meal, will definitely return!”
Review of City Merchant

City Merchant
Ranked #98 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had a 5pm voucher deal for £20 for a 3 course meal for two. Visited on Tuesday 25/2/14. Place is lovely, staff were superb, and food was delicious. We will definitely re-visit. I had lovely sea bream with squid ink spaghetti and my husband had the "catch of the day" which was coley. Pudding for me was chocolate cake and my husband had the crannachan cheesecake. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and our glasses of wine, and finished it all off with 2 hot coffees! There is a vast in-house menu which will cater for all those fish lovers out there. We had a lovely evening and have been telling all our friends to go there.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We happened to have a voucher from "5pmdeals" - a 3 course meal and glass of wine for 2, all for £20. Given that the food and service were fantastic, this was a fab deal!!!
If you like fresh fish dishes then this is your place, but there're plenty other options. I'd certainly recommend the salmon scotch egg with lemon curd sauce to start - simply wonderful. My main was venison burger with what they called game chips - in fact they were crinkle cut crisps(the only small let down of the night). The burger was succulently fantastic. Our other main was breem linguine carabonara - another hit. Oh, the wine was a smooth and creamy sauvignon, or blanc variety.
Even without the voucher this dinning extravaganza would be within most budgets. It did seem to attract the older clientele that evening, but it was an informal and relaxed evening and with fantastic service I can't ask for much more :)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Food is good. Ambient is charming and friendly. Just a remark about the cost. Above the average indeed.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went on a Monday night using a big deal voucher and was really impressed by the food, service and staff. A really lovely experience. Will definitely be back - the food was amazing!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went on Friday night for a 5pm big deal at the restaurant ,the food was delish , service was fast and friendly . I know we will return to eat from the normal menu