“Office Christmas lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I organised our office Christmas lunch at the City Merchant for 20 December. None of our party had ever dined here before and were not dissappointed. The service was attentive, Tony the owner came over and spoke to us several times and the food was superb. At a time when other restaurants are over charging for a poor quality rushed meal it restored our faith that good value and service can still be found. Will definately be back to sample other dishes from this gem in Glasgow's Merchant City!

Lynne M, Manager at City Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thanks you for your great review. Hopefully we will see you again this Christmas (or sooner)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband & I ate here for christmas dinner and I can say it was the best meal we have ever had. My husband brought me here as a suprise, it really was amazing. Top class food and great service what more do you need or want?!

The owner even bought us both a drink, very kind and we will definetly be back - can't wait!

We are delighted that your Xmas day dinner was devine. We all had a great time that day and hopefully your husband brings you back again this year ;)

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My family and I ate here last Thursday and it certainly didn't disappoint. Mum and dad had fish soup which they raved about, I had mussels, succulent and plentiful - only one unopened.
For mains we had cod with leek and salmon - all fresh rich and tasty. House wine was lovely as well. For 4 people - 2 desserts and 4 drinks the bill was under 70!
Lovely friendly service - will be back over Christmas x

Lynne M, Manager at City Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thanks for the great review! and for becoming our friend on Facebook! the best place to keep in touch and get up to date offers....see you again soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Was recommended as a great seafood & steak restaurant so went along with some business friends last Wednesday and was not let down - the place was busy with a good ambience and buzz about it - food was superb especially the dish of the day which was a grilled seafood platter - lots of fresh fish grilled to perfection - probably best I have tasted in years - service was very good and wines were great value for the quality.

Thanks for the fabulous review. We are as always, very happy to get great reviews. We all look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This great restuarant has been around for a long time but it had been about a year since our last visit. My husband and I took our friend who was visiting from California, It was almost 3pm before we entered the restaurant - which serves lunch up until 3.30pm. Although the restaurant was very quiet at that time, we were warmly greeted by the waiter and were not hurried to place our order even though we did take a bit of time to decide as the choice from the set lunch menu was so good. It's obvious that the chef and owners alike are keen to offer the best of produce and service to the diners. I would say that satisfaction will be guaranteed.

Thank you for the great review. We change our lunch and pre theatre menu every month using seasonal produce so next time you visit, I am sure you will find a few more favourites!