“Possibly a bit dated...”
Review of Thai Fountain - CLOSED

Thai Fountain
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Food is excellent and the staff are very attentive. As soon as they see you reaching for more rice form your bowl, they're over to you and insisting that they do it. There's always a smile on their face. The food is good, although I agree with some reviewers...some dishes could a bit more spicy. However, I think you can ask for extra spice in it if you want, although I'm not sure. Price wise, it's great. For what you get, it's very competitively priced.

Drawbacks? Parking near it seems to be a bit of a hit or a miss. If you go at the right time and are lucky, you'll get a space. Not sure if there are parking restrictions during the day, as I've only ever been at night.
It might be to add to the ambiance of the place, but it is quite dark inside. It's not so dark that you can't see in front of your face, just somewhat subdued lighting.
This lighting however may be to hide the place, in the sense that it appears to be somewhat "dated", in my opinion. Perhaps this is to add to the authenticity of the place, but it just looks like it could do with a freshen up to make it a bit brighter. Again, this is just my opinion and perhaps this all adds to the authenticity of the place and teh general atmosphere they are attempting to create.

However, all-in-all, an excellent place to eat. Good food choice. Good staff. Good experience.

Have done and will continue to go back.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

very good food, but way not hot enough for Thai food...we chose meals with chilli image next to them, but didn't leave with that tingly feeling...that said, the food was very good, and the staff very friendly and attentive..if you go, make sure you ask for the food to be chilli hot!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I ate here for the first time (in fact, my first experience of Thailand food ever) yesterday with the girls. The choice on the lunch menu was extensive and, for £8.80 for two courses, was good value too. All our starters was gorgeous and every plate was cleared. All main courses were cooked to perfection and, again, all our plates were cleared. Clearly a sign of happy diners. The staff couldn't have been more attentive. If you ever around the Charing Cross area of Glasgow, I would highly recommend that you give the establishment a try. Enjoy if you do.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had to go here the day following my really bad Thai experience at Chaoparaya, I had to get my Thai craving satisfied. I was looking for a Classic Thai Experience and I found it in this. The gentleman on the phone assured me of a place for dinner and did not take down my name, he was not arrogant, just confident I guess. Sure enough, as soon as I arrived at their door a Thai army arrived, one to welcome, one to take my coat and another to take me to my table and all disappeared to be swarmed by another group of smiling faces. OK- Their menu is not very elaborate but is classic Thai including some vegetarian options. Their dishes were classic 'outside Thailand' restaurant quality and had a good co-relation to their pricing and expected offering. I have always felt that good and bad food are relative terms, it's the upset in the balance of ambience, service, prices and finally taste & presentation that makes me give bad reviews.. This one scores high for this category of restaurants. I read some reports that they were pricey, if you take their over all offering including complimentary, excellent, crackers etc. it's worth it. I paid similar prices for my meal at Choparaya, where local students on a break manage the affairs and it shows. This fountain is awesome in comparision.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked using 5pm.co.uk at very short notice (set menu) - the choices were obviously a bit more limited but we both found something we fancied. For three courses it was very good value.
The food was lovely, tasty and well presented. Plenty rice and noodles to go with the mains. Dessert was ice cream or sorbet - but by that time, that's all we had room for!

Staff were unobtrusive and very pleasant. Would certainly return :)