“Good and bad things”

Cuisines: Bar, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Mansion House sprawls over three floors behind a sleek glass street-level frontage which overlooks the bustling pavements of central Glasgow. Relaxed in the daytime, the laid-back atmosphere starts to buzz as the space fills up with evening revellers drawn by the lively nightclub and three bars. A modern restaurant serves East-West fusion food, from katsu chicken curry to traditional favourites such as beer-battered fish and chunky chips.
“Good and bad things”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had booked this for our main evening stop for my friends big celebration, we paid £50 to reserve our table and have some "snack" food brought out. We also got 3 free cocktail jugs, this could have been wine or beer however our group was more suited to cocktails. We had no choice in the cocktail we could have, it was just brought to us with glasses. I have a very sensitive palate and can even taste the alcohol in blue wicked, I could taste no alcohol in this cocktail, nor did the staff chat to us about what it was suppose to be or what was in it.

The "food" that came out was one platter, between 12 of us which consisted of 4 cocktail sausages, 4 "cheeseburgers" that were 4 centimeters in length if you were lucky, 2 or 3 chicken in batter, 4 small mince pies again about 3 centimeters and about 8 wedges not even enough for one wedge per person.

I ordered a mojito as did my friend and they were done to request and really nice, I think it was £5 for a good sized cocktail glass. If you wanted a daiquiri you had to go upstairs and they were just over £7 however the glass was really big so it was worth the price. Upstairs had a 80s and 70s disco plus a Hawaii type bar which, to be honest I wouldn't have minded paying £50 for however ours was downstairs, right next to the area they brought out food which, compared to the other parts I saw, was disappointing. I think if we had upstairs maybe it would have been a better night, choice in cocktail at the beginning and some alcohol in it and certainly one food item per person in the party would have enhanced the experience.

Taking into account the good and bad, it breaks about even. Would I book a night in there myself? For £50 to book the table, I would expect more to be honest as you do get more on offer from other venues and cheaper.

The toilets were very clean btw which I always put as a plus in any establishment and it is worth mentioning.

1 Thank SMBSLT

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Karaoke rooms upstairs are the highlight”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Karaoke rooms were a great laugh, but other wise this bar is average at best. Sometimes there's something interesting on in the rooms downstairs. Food service for larger parties is pretty poor.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank alanmcmillan
glasgow
“Good deal”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My friend and I are still doing our rounds of restaurants and we both had a fish tea and dessert which was lovely the fish batter was so crispy super and the girls serving were very nice indeed would certainly recommend to anyone and very reasonable priced . Well Done

“Spectacular!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friends and I attended a few weeks ago after booking through the website. The booking process was fab with a lovely girl calling me not 5 minutes after I enquired and sorting my whole group out with dinner and a booth for after. My mum loved Groovy wonderland and you couldn't get us out of Lucky Voice!
I'll be back- Philip Phigerol

• Visited April 2013
“Party bar, I think so!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

So I heard from my sister inlaw that Mansion house was a good night out and it didnt disappoint! tried the restaurant but nothing special, service was good and the price was what I would expect for the quality of food. Don't get me wrong nothing bad about the food but nothing that blew my mind either I did only have a fish and chips.
Drinks were great actually, £26.20 for 6 drinks including 2 cocktails and doubles. The staff member did well to serve us quickly, it's a busy bar and as usual everyone is competing to get served first. The girls loved it, spent most of the time dancing in the Kanaloa bar, there cocktials were amazing! all in great bar, busy, nice crowd and we didn't feel old or uncomfortable. We will definitely be back to enjoy another night but this time maybe in one of the other rooms.