“A Little Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wee Curry Shop
Ranked #194 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Centre
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to Trip Adviser I found this place just a couple of hundred metres away from my hotel and decided to give it a try. Not much to look at from the outside and I initially thought it was closed but ventured inside and was glad I did. Inside was basic but food delicious! I tried the the Ginger Fish Pakora followed by a Lamb Methi. Menu choice limited but who cares when the food is as good as this. Nice, friendly service and I would visit again when next in Glasgow. Not a restaurant for special occasions but great for an informal meal. Recommended.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank noctonlincs

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Irvine Ayrshire
“One visit means many!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Love this wee restaurant. Staff so helpful and friendly. Food delicious. Staff open to make other dishes not on the menu and offer suggestions if looking for a change of dish.
Maybe a small place but well worth a visit. One visit means many!!!
At times staff wee bit harassed but always attentive.

1 Thank varf
united kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

dropped in during the Games - fantastic food and great service - accommodated our request for a smaller serving for one of us - really good

3 Thank philnagl
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A different curry experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited this small (6 tabled 24 seats) restaurant with my wife and young son.excellant meal at a reasonable price.food different from the usual curry experience
Food cooked freshly in front of you

2 Thank 972jack
Sydney, Australia
“Can't believe I missed out on this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My sister in law took me here four days before I was due to fly home to Australia. Can't believe she kept this a secret from me for years. This was one of, if not the best curry I have ever had.
Hidden away in Buccleuch St Garnethill is this quaint , tiny little eatery. Not much to look at from outside and we actually thought it was closed.
The staff are super friendly and went to great pains to explain about the dishes on the menu. The waiter talked up the dishes but let me assure you he did not exaggerate. They were out of this world.
I had prawn and mushroom poori to start and it was amazing. My sister in law went for the green veg pakora. Anothern winner - crispy and packed with flavour, Unlike many pakoras it was not greasy.
I had chicken methil (think thats how its spelt) once again the dish was incredible - the chicken was tender and moist and the sauce was to die for. Sissy in law went for then chicken saag which was delicious, tender and full of flavour.
Staff were attentive, friendly but unobtrusive.
Prices very reasonable and they do a brilliant tapas lunch menu.
Urge everyone to try this phenomenal wee find which will be one of my first stops next trip home

3 Thank M P