“Wow. Garlic Chili Chicken”
Review of Wee Curry Shop

Wee Curry Shop
Ranked #124 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Need I say more? Okay, I will :) This tiny place offers a small amount of tables with a cosy atmosphere. When its busy, its warm and full of energy. The cooking smells are incredible and service is quick friendly. I had the garlic chili chicken and it was simply amazing. I think they use picked or slightlu salted garlic cloves (whole), lovely green chillies and a tomato paste. I had it with rice, spinach pancake (cant recall the proper name) but it was all good. If you love food from this region then this is a must. Well done all :)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Came out the cinema at Braehead after seeing Captain Phillips & phoned for a table at 7.30pm & got a table ok, normally you have to book well in advance. Wee had an excellent meal 2 weeks in a row at the wee curry shop. great food, good service & prices that don't empty the wallet. Recommend it to anybody who likes a good curry.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Called with a friend from Australia his wife was in hospital the gentleman on entering said they were fully booked however he graciously made up a table for 3 and we had a wonderful meal can not praise them enough

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We've been going to the Wee Curry for years, and always loved it: great food, service and atmosphere.

This evening, however, was a total disappointment, and I came away feeling let down, rushed and feeling unwell.

We had booked a table for 7pm as long as we would be finished and out by 8.00/8.30pm (stipulated by the waiter who took our booking over the phone). This suited us fine as we had to be somewhere else for that time.

We arrived at 7.00pm to be told our table wasn't quite ready, and to go for a walk and come back in five minutes. Fair enough.

Back at 7.10pm to wait another five minutes as the previous customers were leaving. Fair enough.

But then another couple waiting made a beeline for our table and sat down there. Apparently the waiter told them twice that the table was ours, but they refused to move.

We had to wait, and ended up finally sitting down at 7.30pm. At 7.35pm I told the waiter that unless he could take our order in the next five minutes, we would have to go somewhere else, as we wouldn't have enough time to eat.

Starters arrived at 7.45pm and mains at 7.55pm, leaving us only a few minutes to eat. I was unable to enjoy my meal for the worry of running late, and ended up with indigestion.

Please also fit a spring to the door so that it actually shuts when someone comes in!! My husband ended up leaving over to shut the door himself about 10 times (people coming in and out for takeaways) during the course of our meal - which was only about 30 minutes tops from when we sat down.

And please, please don't put a clearly inexperienced waiter on on a very busy Saturday night. He looked out of his depth, flustered and was clearly unable to deal with the couple who barged their way to our table and refused to move.

Wish we'd gone to Wagamama instead.

A disappointing and stressful evening.

2  Thank STM1812
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the best food i ever had in last 38 year of my life. I had been to many curry houses but this one sets the bar . Its not a very big place in fact this makes this place special as you can see everything happening infront of your eyes. I had chicken Tikka Masala and one rice with a paratha although there was no sweet paratha on menu but the manager said it wont be a problem and boy it was delicious .
Everything about this place is delicious ,will be back shortly .
They get busy sometime so dont forget to book in advance