“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you didn't know this was there it is very easily missed but I am very glad I found it. My wife and I were staying in a nearby hotel and I wanted to show her my old student haunts of many years ago. I spotted this and thought it looked interesting enough to try. We were impressed with the quality of the food and it is significant that other customers arriving just after us were greeted by name by the waiter (that in itself gave me confidence). Reasonable size portions made from good quality ingredients. The fish pakora were superb and a must-try. Certainly one to try again on our next visit.

1  Thank Tomvox

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the place is cozy and neat with a nice atmosphere. We ordered a selection on dishes, accompanied by a paratha and 2 rotis. We assumed rice would be part of the dishes but had to order extra. We never got the rotis but as the paratha was pretty large and filling and the dishes were okay size, we assumed he forgot and let it rest. Unfortunately they showed up on the bill, which we pointed out. The waiter insisted he brought them but he must have brought them to another table, firstly our table was really small so we would have noticed, secondly I have lived in India so I can tell a paratha from a roti... Anyways, after some arguing (felt stupid cause they are maybe 70 cents), he took one off the bill. It was somewhat unnecessary but he made it clear that he thought we wanted to rip him off. Quite unpleasant in the end!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Think superb Bombay street food in smallishb seedy place.Fantastic fresh-flavoured chilli garlic chicken after a crunchy fish pakora starter. Very happy!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a great wee restaurant went there last night and had a brill prawn boona really tasty ! Will definately be back especially as its next to my house lol ! Portions were filling as well and staff very friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have eaten Indian food up and down the breadth of England, Scotland and Wales and this is by far the best I've ever tasted. I once ate there every day Mon-Fri and had the same mal each time - Starter, Veg Pakora - Main, Garlic Chilli Chicken, Muttar Paneer side and 2 chippattis. Yum !! You'll have to book though as they only have 12 covers.