“Interesting menu, excellent food.”
Review of Bar Soba

Bar Soba
Ranked #288 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Sushi, Street Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Our award-winning flagship bar & restaurant opened in 1999 and, whilst there have been a few changes to the Far Eastern-inspired decor, we've maintained our reputation for serving high quality Pan-Asian street food and exciting and inventive cocktails. We pride ourselves on our generous portions of mouth-watering, authentic Asian cuisine, served by our friendly and attentive staff, in a cool and intimate environment - only a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow's city centre.
Firenze
“Interesting menu, excellent food.”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The plus points of Bar Soba are undoubtedly its food, which is probably the best Asian food I've ever eaten outside Asia, its interesting menu, which has something for everyone, and the staff, who are very attentive and knowledgeable about the dishes on offer.
The Thai fishcakes and Pad Thai noodles were excellent.
The decor is very here&now, even if the music was just a little too loud and the toilets look as if they are temporary fixtures.
Good value for money, especially if you go with a meal deal.

Dear FlorenceFoodie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to Bar Soba. We do take great pride in the authenticity of our food, and take great care when writing our menus to ensure they are varied and interesting, and it's great to hear you think so, too!
We have an amazing £8.95 express lunch menu and also a £12.95 two-course pre-theatre offer, so a visit to Soba need never break the bank!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

“Byers Road”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Usually visit City Centre branch for cocktails-visited Byers Road for lunch. I had the chicken roti wrap, husband had the pork katsu burger. To be honest the food was ok but nothing special. Both of us left feeling we could have spent our money more wisely elsewhere in the West End.

Dear polkadot-pyjamas,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visits to Bar Soba. I have passed your comments regarding our Byres Road unit over to the manager there, and we are sorry you didn't feel the food was good value for money. We do have a great lunch offer available Mon-Fri 12-3pm which is two courses for £8.95, which I recommend next time you're lunching in the West End
Next time you pop into Mitchell Lane for cocktails, I urge you to try out our Pad Thai or Nasi Goreng - two of our signature and most popular dishes - so we can show you how good our food can really be!

Aviemore
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had already been to Bar Soba in Edinburgh and had a great experience and food. So it was on my recommendation that my husband and I booked a table for the first night of our city break.
I needn't have worried about it not living up to the standards of the Edinburgh restaurant as it shared a similar style of decor which helped to create a welcoming atmosphere.
The staff were friendly, knowledgable and efficient. My husband had a cocktail and chose one recommended ny our waitress "The Refresher", and it really did taste like a Refresher lollipop. A good start followed by some excellent food, we had the sharing combo, Nasi Goreng and Pad Thai. During his youth (not so long ago) my husband travelled quite extensively through Thailand and in his opinion it was the best Pad Thai he'd had outside of Thailand. We will be back!

Dear CarnMhor,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words on Soba! I'm pleased to hear you have enjoyed your experiences in both our Edinburgh and Mitchell Lane branches... You've only got our Byres Road branch to visit before you've bagged all 3!
We are currently working hard on our new cocktail menu which I strongly recommend you try out once it hits the shop floor, and we will always have our signature Apple and Ginger Mojito on offer at £3 (because cocktails should be commonplace, not just for 'treats'!).
We pride ourselves on the authenticity of our food, and I must agree that our Pad Thai is probably the best outside of Thailand!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fantastic! The atmosphere is lovely, the staff are well trained and full of product knowledge, and the food is outstanding. I had the Pad noodles (at the recommendation of our waiter who confessed to having them most days), and both my friends had the Basil Chicken. A nice touch to the meal was being asked if we'd like some crackers while we waited on our food arriving which gave us something to nibble on. We were told by our waiter that there was a slight delay in food as it was busy but we didn't mind and felt like he was looking after us while we waiting by checking up on us for drinks and making conversation. The cocktails were delicious too. We are already planing our next visit

2 Thank Danny W
Dear Danny W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to Bar Soba. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and that you felt well looked-after. The customer experience is so important to us that we have developed a private training school for all our employees to make sure that everyone has great product knowledge and a genuine passion for our cuisine and cocktails!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Faye
“Once wrote a negative review.....”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

.....they listened, changed their staff and now it's back to the amazing restaurant it was before!!! I can't recommend this place enough and the Nazi Goreng is outstanding!

• Visited April 2014
Dear Alan M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bar Soba. I'm so glad we seem to have made the right improvements and have gotten ourselves back on track in your eyes!
The next time you pop in, why not treat yourself to a cheeky £3 Apple and Ginger Mojito? It's the perfect accompaniment to the Nasi Goreng :)