“Lively and Yummy!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Street Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Our award-winning flagship bar & restaurant opened in 1999 and, whilst there have been a few changes to the Far Eastern-inspired decor, we've maintained our reputation for serving high quality Pan-Asian street food and exciting and inventive cocktails. We pride ourselves on our generous portions of mouth-watering, authentic Asian cuisine, served by our friendly and attentive staff, in a cool and intimate environment - only a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow's city centre.
Scotland
“Lively and Yummy!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a fabulous bar and restaurant hidden on a side street in the city centre. Lively atmosphere. Very friendly and attentive staff. Excellent asian food. Great cocktails. Trendy music. Great value for money. What else do you need on a Friday night in Glasgow?!!

• Visited October 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were on a wee jolly to Glasgow. We stumbled apon Bar Soba, and after chatting with a really friendly doorman, we went in to the downstairs seating area. Served promptly, given a table even quicker, and ordered. The starters were good, but the burger was absolutely amazing. I have no idea what they did to mr cow, but that was one of the finest burgers I have ever had! I am still drooling thinking about it! Not what I expected, but absolutely an amazing burger! Thank you bar soba for an amazing taste sensation! Compliments to your butcher, your chef, and you very nice staff. Will defiantly be back again!

1 Thank babeljlex
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“First time - impressed”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

As a restauranteur, I love trying new places and came here after a very poor experience in bier Halle.

We have a bar soba in Edinburgh but have never been, so after chatting with the door steward, he convinced us to try here.

The menu is very different and different is good, in such a crowded market place it's a must.
I went for the Hong Kong dumplings and having eaten the best dumplings on earth, these were truly up there for taste, of not a little small. Presentation was nice tho.

Secondly, the burger, it came as a wrap. This confused me, but After tasting, doubts were set aside. The burger tasted amazing and te beef was well received.

My first taste of soba and will try again. Well done.

Service was professional as well, lots of smiling, chatty girls. Perfect.

Thank you for saving out evening.

• Visited October 2013
Beith, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Something a little different.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Used our clubcard vouchers to try something a little different. Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here, but there was no need.

Service was very good, food was tasty and I would certainly be willing to come back and pay full price another time.

Can't say fairer than that!

• Visited September 2013
“Meh food, disappointing service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went here for friend's birthday meal out, 12 of us.
Ordered a drink took 20 minutes to come (this happened several times during the evening)
I have an egg/ nuts/ coconut/ fish allergy so this is a very difficult restaurant for me and I could only find one thing that I could eat. Pork Ramen, it was pretty bland, my starter of chilli fries was much more enjoyable. The Noodles tasted sandy.
As it got later into the evening and the bar area got busy, as this is a cocktail bar, the staff concentrated on making cocktails for bar customers and ignored us. I had to go up to the bar to ask for the bill as some of us needed to leave.

I would never go here again for food.

Also the staff would appear to be there as "for a lifestyle rather than a lviing" (as my friend said)

• Visited September 2013