“First time - impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bar Soba
Ranked #305 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Our award-winning flagship bar & restaurant opened in 1999 and, whilst there have been a few changes to the Far Eastern-inspired decor, we've maintained our reputation for serving high quality Pan-Asian street food and exciting and inventive cocktails. We pride ourselves on our generous portions of mouth-watering, authentic Asian cuisine, served by our friendly and attentive staff, in a cool and intimate environment - only a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow's city centre.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“First time - impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

As a restauranteur, I love trying new places and came here after a very poor experience in bier Halle.

We have a bar soba in Edinburgh but have never been, so after chatting with the door steward, he convinced us to try here.

The menu is very different and different is good, in such a crowded market place it's a must.
I went for the Hong Kong dumplings and having eaten the best dumplings on earth, these were truly up there for taste, of not a little small. Presentation was nice tho.

Secondly, the burger, it came as a wrap. This confused me, but After tasting, doubts were set aside. The burger tasted amazing and te beef was well received.

My first taste of soba and will try again. Well done.

Service was professional as well, lots of smiling, chatty girls. Perfect.

Thank you for saving out evening.

• Visited October 2013

Beith, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Something a little different.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Used our clubcard vouchers to try something a little different. Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here, but there was no need.

Service was very good, food was tasty and I would certainly be willing to come back and pay full price another time.

Can't say fairer than that!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Meh food, disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went here for friend's birthday meal out, 12 of us.
Ordered a drink took 20 minutes to come (this happened several times during the evening)
I have an egg/ nuts/ coconut/ fish allergy so this is a very difficult restaurant for me and I could only find one thing that I could eat. Pork Ramen, it was pretty bland, my starter of chilli fries was much more enjoyable. The Noodles tasted sandy.
As it got later into the evening and the bar area got busy, as this is a cocktail bar, the staff concentrated on making cocktails for bar customers and ignored us. I had to go up to the bar to ask for the bill as some of us needed to leave.

I would never go here again for food.

Also the staff would appear to be there as "for a lifestyle rather than a lviing" (as my friend said)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow,Scotland
“Good value food and fine service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

had a Saturday night out with Mrs Mystic and some friends. Pre-booked the £14 two course and a glass of wine deal and was not disappointed. Started with the satay chicken skewers and then had the stir fry hot chilli and boiled rice. Excellent food and the wine was refreshingly tasty too. Waitresses were very pleasant and informative with a nice smiling approach to looking after us.
Would recommend.

MM

“When can I go back?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Like the previous reviewer we often to go to Yo Sushi but a change of scene was on the cards today and were we glad.
Being a Friday lunchtime, there were no free seats in the main bar area so we were shown downstairs. We were the only folk downstairs but hey, I'm fine with that!
Lunch time menu of starter and main for under just under a tenner is great considering many of the mains alone cost that price.
Service was great and the girl who served us was very cheerful and you can't beat service with a smile!
So onto the food. I'm vegi and had the pad Thai rolls for starters. Rolls were well fried and the peanut dipping sauce worked well. My main was the

• Visited August 2013