“Snooty and rude”

Cuisines: Sushi, Street Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Our award-winning flagship bar & restaurant opened in 1999 and, whilst there have been a few changes to the Far Eastern-inspired decor, we've maintained our reputation for serving high quality Pan-Asian street food and exciting and inventive cocktails. We pride ourselves on our generous portions of mouth-watering, authentic Asian cuisine, served by our friendly and attentive staff, in a cool and intimate environment - only a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow's city centre.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

bar staff who think they are too cool for the job. Food took forever and was greasy and cold when it came .....dirty thumb marks all over the plates too. Dont bother!

2  Thank Dan M

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a great little reataurant/bar, serving a selection of Asian type food. But they are a little different from a curry house offering. Great staff and good prices. Good for lunch with friens, family or colleauges.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Came to Bar Soba a couple of months ago now having previously never been in the restaurant to catch up with a friend. From the welcome to the farewell the service was incredibly welcoming and friendly and we were really made to feel valued there, despite the fact we ended up staying for about 4 hours, a lot longer than we anticipated but we had quite a lot to catch up on! We also tried a good few cocktails which were all delicious and staff were happy to make every one of them, even going as far as to recommend something to my friend who wasn't sure what to have. The food was delicious and exciting as well, this coupled with the staff will make me sure to return!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend had booked us a table and since I have never visited Bar Soba before, I looked it up on Trip Advisor to see the rating. Thank goodness we disregarded the most recent reviews as we really enjoyed our visit. I had the beef curry and the old pine nut cocktail and my friend had pad thai and a daquiri. Everything was really good and we found the service warm and friendly. We will definitely be going back

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been here a few times (after the first time at other peoples request). Recently went to the City cetre bar to receive a cocktail masterclass which was not available on arrival due to area managers lack of communication with the bar. Despite plenty of cocktails being produced, there was no-one available with the experience to take the class we had been promised as an apology for an awful experience in the west end bar. I did enjoy the meal offered as a replacement but my friends had eaten before they arrived so it didn't really fit what they are looking for. The service was okay this time except would have been better if ceiling wasn't leaking during dinner.

I didn't do a review previously but poor service (1 hr 15 minute wait between courses) appears to be the norm. The second and third chances I've given this place have done nothing to change my mind. I won't be back.

1  Thank Rox-78