“The best pizza in Glasgow”

Firebird Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #566 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Firebird is one of the nicest pubs in Glasgow. Whenever I am in Glasgow this is my first stop. The staff goes beyond what is expected and the food is fresh and tasty (The pizza is the best in Glasgow). This is a very family friendly pub (restaurant?) and you always feel welcome. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great place for eating out with kids. All four of us enjoyed our meal, highlights being the delicious Amalfi Lemon Linguini and the Triple cooked chips. Friendly, attentive staff who fussed over the children - they loved it. Will definitely be back and would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a drink or lunch. The food is tasty and nicely prepared (I particularly liked the paprika coated chips) and the staff are very friendly. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Bar and Bistro is certainly well located within the west end near Kelvingrove art gallery, however we found the staff to be pretentious, lazy and ignorant. As my girlfriend had already taken her seat, I stood, the only customer, at the bar for 5 minutes while a sniffy staff member pretended I wasn’t there while pottering about finally raising their head to serve me, normally I would simply have walked out earlier but my girlfriend had begun perusing the menu, so I persevered. On paper, the food sounds reasonably good but from a value point of view it is poor for what we received. Both ordering a ‘wood fired’ pizza. Myself, I had the pancetta and spinach, which I had trouble finding on what was a charred offering, more like a garnished bread than an actual topping. My partner had the Serrano ham, rocket and parmesan, which appeared to have survived the flames rather better, however, biting into the crust was risking a visit to the dentist. Needless to say we will not be back. In its favour, they have a decent selection of beers on tap but overpriced, the layout is stylish and contemporary with floor to ceiling windows for an airy feel. However, this place obviously trades on its decor and location, as service is painfully slow, value for money is poor along with the staff’s couldn’t care less attitude. A lesson in customer service is sorely needed. There are a large number of bar bistros nearby in this area which better reflects Glasgow’s friendly atmosphere, this is not one of them.

Barry M, Manager at Firebird Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi There,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

Firstly let me apologise for the service you received on your visit, we strive to give our customers an enjoyable experience so I’m sorry you didn't receive that on this occasion. Attentiveness and good manners are at the core of our values and, in your experience that you describe, these have been sadly lacking. We will be addressing this directly with our staff.

As for the food complaints, our pizzas are our “unique selling point”. If they are not up to standard or just plain wrong we need to know. It saddens us that we could not correct this at the point of failure.

Can i also take the time to thank you for finding positives to include in your review, after a bad experience others may not have been so kind, we appreciate that you were. We would hope to eliminate the negatives and encourage the positives. Only you can be the judge as to whether we succeed, so with that in mind I'd like to finish by inviting you back to Firebird to give us a second chance.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant after being disappointed by appearance of another. Very pleased with our choice. Friendly staff, good food and comfortable atmosphere. Would highly recommend.