“Great food and friendly staff”

Firebird Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #607 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a great meal here on our vacation. The food was awesome - the mussels were delicious as well as the pork belly. Our waiter was fantastic and we spent some time chatting with him. A few G&Ts into the evening, my husband wanted to try some different Scottish whiskeys and so he set up a shot trio for him and told him a little about each one (while admitting he didn't care for whiskey himself!). We ended up exchanging info and inviting our waiter and his family to come and stay with us in FL. =) Definitely check it out!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

As a family we love going to Firebird. Pizza's are amazing. I wish they would bring back the pine nut and blue cheese salad! I've pinched many a recipe from here for my own dinner parties.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I popped in one Friday lunchtime looking for a bite to eat and were impressed by the food.We just had soup and sandwich however it was really tasty and good value for money.Staff were friendly and efficient and the restaurant had a calm relaxed atmosphere about it.Would definitely return.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Firebird is one of our regular places to go. We loves the food. We've had their pizzas and their salads. Their Without Wheat Pizza is absolutely delicious! I would say it's better than most gluten-full (regular) pizza I had back in the old days, but I digress! Their regular pizza is also fantastic (according to my husband and friends). For the beer drinkers: They serve West Beer (Glasgow-based brewery) at Firebird.

The menu changes several times a year, which is nice for variety. The pizzas on the menu are often strange combinations that I probably wouldn't pick on my own. E.g. Lamb Kofta. However they're always fantastically delicious and I'm glad to be made to pick something just slightly out of my comfort zone.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place gets packed easily on a Friday or Saturday night. Nice beers available, friendly staff, good atmosphere. The food isn't half bad either. They have food offers on that vary through the week, so if you show up on the right day you'll get a good deal. They're also open 'til 1am.