“Nice place but always very busy”

TGI Friday's - Glasgow
Ranked #247 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is good cocktails are good just abit of a pain having to wait around as always so busy but has goid atmosphere and staff always lovely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Met up with Family & Friends and joined the line for TGIs and having received a 40 minute waiting buzzer , we proceeded to have a drink at the bar. The Bar staff were professional and efficient and made our short stay pleasant.

The 40 minute wait was reduced to 30 minutes and the service thereafter quick and efficient. The food was first class both in quality and quantity and worth the wait and cost.

Will definitely return for what is always a great experience when passing through Glasgow.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It served a purpose, I was hungry and stopped in here while shopping. Was pretty busy but staff seemed harassed and my meal took ages to arrive. Besides that, My burger was very tasty and just loved the Jack Daniels BBQ glaze.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I popped in here on Sunday for a drink because I had heard of TGI's reputation. I came in with a friend hoping to impress her with a nice bar.
We had just eaten and so were just looking for a drink. Sitting at the bar we were instantly greeted and offered a look at the menu as well, which we politley declined. However the barmaid then asked us what we would like and didn't push for us to order from the menu. She was very happy to recommend a drink based on what we liked and was very smiley and happy to help. Nothing seemed too much hassle.
When the drinks arrived they were very tasty. I had been recommended a Tokyo Ice Tea which I like anyway and my friend had a Dusk to Dawn. My friend is not a big drinker and is almost Teetotal and so wasn't keen on her drink. We were instantly offered a free replacement, which was a lovely touch, though my friend declined this offer. It was a great atmosphere with plenty of flair action behind the bar, which made it even better not being at a table.

It was that good an evening I returned again the next night and again had several amazing cocktails, made quickly and professionally by a very cheerful barmaid. She was quite chatty and keen to get to know the patrons of the bar which made myself and the others talking to her feel very welcome and happy to be there.

Only thing I would say is that the drinks are a bit expensive, but they are cocktails no I wasn't surprised.

Looking forward to going back!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

on a day trip to Glasgow 13th November, we popped in for a drink which we do often but service was shocking, Waited 30 mins to be served and the drink wasn,t great either. Then had to stand at bar for 20 mins to pay bill then machine wasn,t working. Will not be back