“Most amazing Cocktail list”

TGI Friday's - Glasgow
Ranked #484 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I think they claim to have over 500 cocktails on their list and every one I have tried is AMAZING! Don't have too many however as they are leathal :o)
Order in plenty of time as they do take a while to make and expect a long queue at the bar due to this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were a party of 8 on a Friday night (not the busiest Friday I've seen either!) waiting for a table, having a drink at the bar. Girls drinking cocktails, boys looking for 3 bottled beers. When they waited over 15 minutes to be served, they questioned the bartender, Dave, if there was anyone serving normal drinks (which would take two minutes) rather than be bypassed by a further four rounds of cocktails. Dave obviously took exception to this polite rebuke as he then refused to serve our entire party as "we had had enough to drink and were getting no more"! Stunning deduction, as we couldn't get served and had just finished our first drink! We left to speak to the manager at this point, but not before I heard Dave badmouth us to a group of femaile customers waiting at the bar - whom he served straight off I may add.
The manager, James, to be fair was exceptionally apologetic and pulled out all the stops to turn our night around and make it enjoyable. He commented right away that we were clearly sober and had not had too much to drink and couldn't understand why we had to wait so long at the bar anyway as it wasn't a particularly busy evening. He put us on two tables and assigned our server Tony, who was fantastic and again made sure that our night ended well.
James and Tony KNOW what customer service is all about - take note Dave!
On to food: it was good enough, mine was a bit cold to be honest, but at this point I really didn't want to complain again and I was starving. Desserts were delish,but one of our party had to wait for ages while we all ate ours and eventually our server went in and made it himself! :)
Another constructive comment: the toilets really need someone to be checking them regularly; the cubicles were dirty both on the seats and with paper all over the floor while the dispensers were empty and the sinks were clogged with paper as well. :/ It was like cheap pub toilets, not what you would expect here.
I don't know if I'll go back here, after this night, although James and Tony went above and beyond to make up for Dave, the long term damage was kinda done. :(

2  Thank G_K68
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hadn't been to this TGIs for more years than I can count, but don't think i'll leave it as long till my next visit.

T'was a Saturday in December and all across Glasgow people had made reservations, except us! A group of 4 and we couldn't agree where to eat so we thought we'd give TGIs a shot, since you can't book we just showed up at the door and asked "how long for a table?". An hour and a half was the reply, not a problem to us as there are loads of places for a drink very close by.

So we return for our table and order some nachos to share which were very tasty, then it's steaks all round which were surprisingly good. And the Jack Daniels sauce is not to be missed, just phenomenal. A couple of bottles of the house red which again was surprisingly good, and then the bill which surprised us all by being smaller than expected.

All in this place surprised everyone, we weren't expecting a great meal or wine but got both. The place also had a great atmosphere with lots people enjoying a night out.

It's closing for a refurbishment from 11/03/13 - 27/03/13 for your information.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was a novelty when they first came to Scotland, however, not having been there for some time, decided (or rather it was decided for me) that this is where we should lunch. Wish I had held out for the Willow Tea Rooms. Same old same old food, music loud, and people just seemed to bustle about. Not my cuppa tea.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Not really a grown up restaurant, more like a licensed burger bar. And quite overpriced. Also too noisy for me.