“Love it!”

Roastit Bubbly Jocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Roastit Bubbly Jocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a great restaurant! Really friendly, personal service and very relaxed! Food was great quality and despite the group ordering 5 steaks all to be cooked differently they all came out warm, at the same time and cooked to perfection! The menu is really varied, interesting and has something for everyone. A must!

1  Thank DavidGlasgow2802
There are newer reviews for Roastit Bubbly Jocks

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Was really looking forward to this visit. My Seafood Chowder was excellent, my wife's Chicken liver parfait lovely, but a bit too salty. Mains: The Rondel of Sirloin was melt in the mouth, and I had a very tasty Roasted pork Belly. The best boulagere potatoes I have ever tasted, and beautifully cooked veg. The desserts were also to die for! Please note: the pepper sauce has quite a kick.

All in all a lovely visit, and I would certainly eat there again!

Felt the service was a wee bit lack lustre.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

stopped in for lunch with my partner and his family a few Sundays ago and it was not great. The service was good but the food a little slow in coming (this may have had something to do with the chef wandering in and out of the restaurant and at one point sitting in his car which was parked across the road?!).
We had a range of dishes between us - I had the fish and chips which was good - the chips and peas great, the batter light and crispy but the fish was dry and old - I know it was a Sunday but I suspect this was fish from Thursday or Friday's delivery rather than Saturday's. My partner had the steak which was ok but 3 of our party had the roast beef. The portion size was good but the roast potatoes under cooked and the gravy was on the turn giving it a bitter taste. The mash which was ordered as a side was dry and tasted of fridge. One person had a soup starter which was lumpy and unpleasant.
The place was not very busy and I suspect Sunday is treated as being less important than other weekend days which is not true as the prices are still the same.
i would probably go back if I was in the area and couldn't find anywhere else because the service was good, but I would go on a busier night when the chefs might be more on form.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had Sunday dinner at this restaurant, booked through 5pm which gave us a free glass of vino / soft drink or tea/coffee. Frank the waiter was very attentive and cheery. Lovely surroundings, tables well laid out, plenty of room. We chose from the market menu, £4 for strater and £8 for mains. Couldnt fault either starter or the main. We had roast beef, pots plus veg. Well and truly stuffed. Oh and shared a pud, 2 spoons provided. To round off a healthy irish coffee was prepared by Frank. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friend and I visited Roastit Bubbly Jocks last Tuesday for the first time and enjoyed it so much that we'll definitely be back! The atmosphere is friendly and inviting and the decor is a bit quirky, which I like. The staff are helpful, cheery and knowledgeable, and very patient with anyone who can't make up their mind! In the end I had the sea bass and my friend had chicken and we shared a side dish of pea-pods and green beans that were crunchy and sweet and perfectly salted - just right! Dessert was rhubarb mousse with raspberries and cream for both of us and we finished with a delicious coffee. Everything was done to perfection and the chef came out several times to check we were happy as I'd been so undecided, which was a nice touch! We also met the owner and had a great chat before the food started arriving, something that always makes you feel at home! All in all, an excellent and tasty lunch at very reasonable prices with friendly and happy service - a wee gem that's easy to get to and so worth the visit! Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank Catherine8792