“Lovely wee Scottish restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roastit Bubbly Jocks

Roastit Bubbly Jocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Roastit Bubbly Jocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Lovely wee Scottish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I went to the Roastit Bubbly Jocks for our Hogmanay meal and what a delightful evening we had too. The food was lovely, cooked well and served in managable portions. The surroundings could have had a little more of a Scottish theme, however the ambiance was very relaxing and comfortable. Certainly worth a visit.

1 Thank holibagsareus
roastitbubblyjocks, Manager at Roastit Bubbly Jocks, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Happy New Year! Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your evening with us. We have some great ideas for new Scottish themed decorations so look out for these on your next visit! Best wishes, RBJ's.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“do not complain or manager will call police”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We took my parents and in-laws to roast it bubbly jocks as had heard it had great reviews. However I can safely say we will never go here again. 5 of our party of 6 had starters which were all delicious, I could not fault them. However two of the main courses, roast beef and venison casserole were not up to standard. The roasst beef was over-cooked and dry, clearly a re-heat job (as admitted by the manager), and the "venison" had no venison flavour whatsoever and even had a huge lump of fat which you do not get on venison. We were convinced it was beef as that is what it tasted like. We highlighted this to our waitress who was very polite and apologetic. She noted our complaints and said she would advise the manager. About 20 minutes later we were informed the chef was not in the restaurant and they would find out tomorrow if it was vension or not. We asked if there was no chef who was cooking the food?! It was clear food had been cooked earlier in day and reheated as ordered. Another 20 minutes later we were informed it was farmed not wild venison and that was why there was not a strong flavour. Members of our party are keen venison eaters and were convinced it was not venison served. My father in law spoke with the manager who was extremely arrogant and rude, who continually talked over everyone. My father in law stated he was not happy to pay the full bill as the food was below standard, the manager then called us liars and said we did not know what we were talking about. My father then spoke with the manager, advised he would pay the bill as the cost is not a concern but the food was not up to scratch, the manager then called the police!!! The waiting staff and ourselves were all clearly embarrassed and even the waiting staff stated the managers actions were "bizzare". The police arrived, clearly bemused as to why they had been called as we had stated we were paying the full bill. The manager continued to act very strangely rambling about farmed venison and different cuts of meat and stated "if you're paying £8.95 a course what do u expect?!"
Luckily my parents found the whole fiasco amusing however I will never return. The waiting staff were great its a shame they were let down by poor "chefs" and a terrible arrogant manager.

• Visited January 2013
11 Thank Helen F
roastitbubblyjocks, Manager at Roastit Bubbly Jocks, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Helen, this is the first part of an ongoing smear campaign by your party. Whilst we are glad you enjoyed all your starters, the complaints raised with regards to the beef and venison are unfounded and untrue. The slow cooked roast beef is cooked in advance, and reheated in the sauces to order. To suggest that we should slow roast beef to order is unfathomable. Whilst we would be happy to do so, we’re not sure customers would appreciate the 3 hours it would take! Venison casserole is one of our signature dishes and always incredibly popular. To say that it was beef is not only absurd but a deliberate lie. We at RBJ’s would be happy to provide receipts from our reputable suppliers to confirm that it was, of course, venison. What is particularly upsetting by this stream of reviews is that they are deliberate lies. Claiming there was no chef is quite a feat considering you spoke at length to the chef. Your continual refusal to pay the bill after clearing your plates and in the absence of any complaints when checked on, forced us as a business to make the decision to call the police. The waiting staff and owner came to this conclusion together and we can assure the TripAdvisor community that this was a last resort. Here at RBJs we are a great team, at no point would any member of staff speak poorly about the owner, or anyone else for that matter, to customers. The “bizarre” comment is once again made up and forms part of this upsetting set of lies. We at RBJ’s ask potential customers to please look to our other reviews for a balanced opinion, and not to let what essentially came down to a police incident, involving customers who had one too many drinks, put you off our restaurant. Best wishes, RBJ’s.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's been too long since my last visit. It is a cosy restaurant with basic furniture. However, the food is amazing. I'm fussy about my wine and so its great to bring your own bottle along. 2013 to do list its at the top,

3 Thank katiebashers
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoy the food here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Glasgow
“Found a large hair embedded thoughout my casserole!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had lunch here on Saturday. I had lentil soup and my boyfriend chose the Mackerel pate and both starters were very tasty. I decided on a Venison Casserole and he opted for the Roast Beef. I tucked into my first mouthful of food and then to my horror I discovered a large hair embedded throughout my casserole. Thankfully I had only taken one mouthful. My boyfriend could see into the kitchen and he noticed that the chef was not wearing a hat or hairnet. The waitress was very apologetic and offered to bring a replacement meal I could not bear to eat the same dish but tried the fish and chips but finding the hair had really put me off my lunch. My boyfriend did not enjoy his meal as the roast beef was very dry and tasteless, the vegetables were hard and he had also been put off his lunch. We were only charged for our soft drinks and starters. We handed the bill and comments card to the waitress who gestured behind her to the owner and said she had told the owner and chef about the hair. However, the owner didn’t acknowledge us.

This was our first visit and we were left extremely disappointed. I appreciate that accidents can happen but perhaps it would not have occurred if the chef had simply worn a hat or hairnet whilst in the kitchen. Surely that is following basic food hygiene regulations.

2 Thank Glesgagal
Glasgow
“The problem with Christmas.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had our Xmas night out at the restaurant and must rate as one of the best Xmas meals I have had. The night didnt go as smoothly as expected....the problem with Xmas is that restaurants are jam packed .....and mistakes happen!! Getting our orders right proved difficult for our waiter but he handled it with a great sense of humour and you couldn't help but forgive him. When a diner decided to organise a singing competition, the staff handled the situation with such skill you felt like giving them a round of applause. The meal took half an hour to arrive but was well cooked and flavoured (the turkey was great...and with a good size serving, the clootie dumpling excellant). Good variety of wine and soft drinks.3 courses for £30 and a happy atmosphere. Will definetly visit again.

2 Thank suziewong101