“service the way it should be”

Alla Turca Grill - & Meze Bar
Ranked #428 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Glasgow City Centre Restaurant - Grill and Meze Bar Alla Turca is 'The Show Before The Show' for Theatre goers who is looking for an Atmospheric & Affordable Pre Theatre Dining 2 minutes to The King's Theatre & 5 mins to The Theatre Royal with our 2 Course Affordable Lunch from £6.95 And Popular 2 Course Pre Theatre Menu from £12.95 With Background Live Music on Fridays & Saturdays. Our Candlelit, Romantic Dinner is on our Affordable A la Carte or Delicious Tasting Set Menu with Champagne Cocktail from £15.95 Per person with background Live Music until late for a Memorable Dining Experience with Style. 'Alla Turca has that magical quality that so many restaurants dismally fail to cultivate - atmosphere! After arriving on a windswept Saturday evening, walking into Alla Turca was like being back in Istanbul... Alla Turca's good - humoured Turkish staff work so fast and adeptly that they almost run, but there's no panic.I would guess that the front-of-house manager knows exactly what's going on at every table at any point in time, which is more than you can say for many British "Fine Dining" restaurants.' Joanna Blythman - The Sunday Herald Glasgow's First & Scotland's Best Turkish Restaurant with Style since 2007. The Best of it's kind outside of Turkey with Authentic Food - Service - Live Music & Atmosphere.
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We've been treated like royalty tonight. The young woman looking after our table was excellent & was a great example of how this art should be performed. She knew the menu. What was available, what was not. What each menu choice was like... The set price for "choose anything on the menu" was excellent value. Besides that... Water, bread olives & bonus items were offered & brought to the table without fuss. The seafood starter was excellent. I love calamari cooked properly. fillet steak skewer... Rice pud.. Fizzy wine cocktail, bottle of excellent red, Turkish coffee, Turkish delight which kept on coming. This, on my second visit, was another excellent meal & for £66 an absolute bargain. Besides all that the exterior doesn't give away how nice this place is inside. Loved it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our second time coming here, we loved our first visit which was 2 years ago so had high expectations. Shame to say but we were actually a bit disappointed. Service wasnt as friendly, the girls were nice enough but just served, our first time the turkish staff made time to chat with you and seemed more welcoming. The food was a good deal with the taster menu which before 6pm was £15.95 each which gave you the tapas starter to share which is delicious however they dont give you the full turkish bread like they did the first time, just a few slices. Main course was ok, chicken is nice but not very much and big plate is full of lettuce to bulk it up, dessert was lovely, baklava, delish. You also got a small fizzy cocktail. Drinks are expensive, glass wine nearly £7 and small effes £4, last time was large effes for that price. They also says live music would be playing, there was no live music the 90 mins we were there. They also charge a 10% service charge on the bill, I personally dont like this as we will tip if we feel we had a good service. I also saw a man in a wheelchair at the door as if looking for a member of staff to go and help him and no one went to him and he just left, not nice at all. We have also visited Anatolia a few times which is a turkish restaurant and got to say it, we will be going back there over alla turca. Hope Alla Turca take note, take off your service charge, lower drink prices, have the live music playing that you pride yourselves on and more welcoming staff.

1  Thank Maureen0411
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I said I'm my last review when we chose by chance to come in to Alla Turca that I would come back and here I am sitting in the restaurant now.

Upon arrival once again we were greeted and seated quickly.

We had booked on a 5pm pre theatre deal which is excellent value.

There is a large choice on the menu and we decided on the Mezze for 2 as a starter which was served quickly and I must say the calamari was cooked perfectly.

Our mains again were perfectly cooked and very tasty, my shish with bulgar rice was beautiful and I am informed the mini meatballs were delicious.

Our dessert was yummy my better half had Turkish Delight and Seasonal Berry Creme Brûlée while I had heaven in a dish or as they called it Turkish Chocolate and Coffee pot - Heaven.

Although a Friday night the service was quick and friendly.

Alla Turca is defo one of my favourites.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited here on a 5pm.co.uk offer on a Friday night with some friends. The offer was for pre-theatre 3 courses, plus some fizz or a liqueur coffee for £12, which was an absolute bargain.

The place was busy but not packed and service was reasonably paced, not fast if you're in a super hurry, but not snails pace either. They had a live musician which was a nice touch.

The server brought a small pre meal taster with olives and humus and some bread, which was a nice touch and very tasty. The food was of a high standard; portions weren't massive but there was certainly enough to go around, with everyone full by the end of it. There was a good choice as well, some options carried a supplementary charge, but most didn't and the base price was so low that a few quid extra wasn't unreasonable. The humus was particularly nice and the desserts were all lovely.

All in all an amazing price for a lovely meal out.

1  Thank werebimbo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Good example of a local Turkish restaurant. Great welcome. Great food. The pre-theater menu is extremely good value :) Music was also excellent.