“Rude bar staff”

Cuisines: International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Within easy reach of Glasgow Central, Argyle Street and Buchanan, All Bar One Glasgow is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Glasgow, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Was in the bar last night and was on the receiving end of some shocking treatment. Ordered a peroni, paid, and returned to my table. Two minutes later a barmaid appeared at my table with another peroni and demanded payment. Apparently there was a misunderstanding and two barmaids simultaneously took my order. The barmaid explained that if I did not pay her wages would be docked accordingly. I reluctantly paid. Later I took the opportunity to complain to the duty manageress. She confirmed the policy of docking staff wages. After much discussion she returned my payment stating that it would now come out her wages. I have never been made to feel more embarrassed in my life. Clearly this chain should reevaluate its payment policy. Disgusted.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have meetings in All Bar One often as it's a favourite of a client. I find that it is hit or miss depending on the staff on duty. The food is good and there's a lot of choice on the menu, the mini fishcakes with dip are recommended as is the burgers and the salads. However it can be really slow service and some of the tables are really wobbly so you have to fold up napkins to balance them.
It's strange that considering how many business people come here for coffee meetings that there is no free wi-fi and when you use your own the connection is really bad.
Around 5pm the bar is packed and full of life but later on at night it's dead and lacks atmosphere.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Girls and I booked here as we wanted to sample the menu we had heard lots about and not roam about town all night, wanted to stay somewhere for the evening and make a night of it. Our server was extremely welcoming, pointed out good combinations of wines for the food and tapas ordered. The food was delicious and we all tried about seven or eight dishes we mixed and matched the antipasti's too. The service was excellent the staff couldn't have done any more for us. Many tried desserts which were all good too, the bill was excellent value for money. Would def recommend and def have another evening there, big thanks to the staff, really great night!!

1  Thank Amandafa1
Reviewed July 24, 2011

All Bar One Glasgow offers a nice atmosphere with attentive staff, quick service and situated right in the centre. There is a good choice on the menu, the food itself is rather average. They should use better quality fries as the ones served remind you more of McDonalds than anything else. Also the burgers are pleasant enough but the chicken and bacon could do with one or two more streaks of Bacon and crispier lettuce. Also the sauce was put on the bottom bun which became soggy as a result. The coke from the tap was not fizzy any more - they should check that out.. I guess the staff have saved it for the All Bar One to get the average rating as food arrived quickly, people were friendly which gave the restaurant a good atmosphere. If fthey could put a little more emphasis on quality, I guess they could do even better.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our most recent of our regular visits here was, again, a pleasure. Albeit the bar/diner was busy, we sere served with the usual politeness and efficiency. The food was totally to our satisfaction and the cafe-style, informal ambience is always good. The mix of age groups is a feature of this bar together with its clientelle of Glaswegians, tourists and office workers. The bar has a good selection of beers and is worth a visit even for just a couple of drinks.