“Best seafood restaurant I've ever eaten at.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mussel Inn

Mussel Inn
Ranked #51 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The Mussel Inn is one of Glasgow’s première restaurants. Despite the name, our restaurant offers a much wider variety of food than just Scottish West Coast mussels served with our unique and delicious range of sauces. Our seafood dishes also include Creamy Seafood Chowder, Grilled King Scallops and Queen Scallops, Scottish oysters, and our amazing seafood platter (Mini Seafood Platter also available).
Liverpool
“Best seafood restaurant I've ever eaten at.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here on Saturday 17th August... We found this restaurant on trip advisor and found that its reviews were excellent. We pre booked a table as we were visiting Glaagow for the day whilst enjoying a family trip up to Scotland.

The staff were fantastic and made us feel very welcome, the restaurant itself is very family friendly and our little boy was able to eat at the table with us in his high chair. We all order a seafood chowder as a starter and even as a small portion it was still ample for a starter. We followed this with oysters which were fabulous and I honestly could have sat eating them all afternoon. Our main meals all consisted of a half kilo of mussels except for my husband who pigged out on a kilo of sweet and sour mussels. I had the Moroccan mussels which were out of this world.

I will definitely recommend the restaurant to my friends and will be certain to return when back in Scotland. By far this is the best seafood restaurant I have eaten in and gives loch fyne restaurant a good run for its money.

Thank you for an excellent meal!!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“Nice enough overall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came here for dinner and tried their£15.95 set meal. It wasn't the greatest choice but was still enjoyable and came with a small glass of average tasting wine. The staff were nice enough... although service was a little slow. It's a nice restaurant and I would return but it didn't really wow! I'd heard good things about it and was really looking forward to the meal. Next time I would avoid going for the set meal and branch out a bit.

• Visited August 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our hotel (Radisson Blu) recommended this small restaurant, near the Central railway station.
In the end we went twice!
Very nice indeed. Good, friendly service and excellent food. I had their chowder both times, my son had whitebait (fresh and perfectly fried), and smoked salmon (Scottish, enough said!). We both had fish as the main course: sea bass and sea bream (we only changed round the second time). Both were juicy and cooked to perfection. Dessert (which we shouldn't really have - that' what we said before we went, both times) seduced us of course: chocolate tart (mmm) and cheese cake (mmm). Again we just changed round - don' t change a winning team!
A bottle of red (Rioja), sparkling water, coffee. And a very reasonable bill: £ 65-70.
Don't hesitate, go!

• Visited July 2013
Northants
“Could be better?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We visited the restaurant after reading good reviews written previously, however we left feeling quite disappointed.
The restaurant was fairly full and had a good 'feeling' to it, nicely decorated.
The problem started with our ordering, it was a bit disinterested. Our meal was 'OK' but could have been much better. My Husband loves chowder and has become quite the officionado, this he said was a bit thin, and as he ordered a large bowl as his main course was very disappointed with the size, in fact we thought it was a starter size, we didn't enquire if it was right as we weren't sure how it would have been dealt with! He had a serving of chips with it but these were unpleasant, he thought either 'oven chips' or not fried well.
My choice was good, I ordered a starter for my 'mains' as this was all I wanted.
We had previously been another seafood restaurants and found them far better.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
VERWOOD
“Superb quality for cost combo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Love the Mussels opened and grilled with gruyere and ham. Eaten here several times never been disapointed, always excellent and extremely well priced.

• Visited October 2012