“Great value, simple, fresh seafood”
Review of Mussel Inn

Mussel Inn
Ranked #121 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The Mussel Inn is one of Glasgow’s première restaurants. Despite the name, our restaurant offers a much wider variety of food than just Scottish West Coast mussels served with our unique and delicious range of sauces. Our seafood dishes also include Creamy Seafood Chowder, Grilled King Scallops and Queen Scallops, Scottish oysters, and our amazing seafood platter (Mini Seafood Platter also available).
Reviewed December 31, 2012

With tickets for the velodrome at 7pm we needed an early evening meal and the Mussel Inn seemed to fit the bill. Pots of fresh mussels with generous chunks of bread and a couple of glasses of wine proved to be ideal. The service was friendly and efficient, the clientele mixed - families, couples, younger and older. The prices are very reasonable and represent excellent value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I booked restraunt for 6 o"clock Saturday night as we were going to a concert later.We got there just over 10 minutes early as we were tied by train time.The girl in charge said we would have to wait until 6 as table wasnt ready which was fair enough but when we looked around there was quite a few empty tables and also an upstairs which was empty,this didnt bother us but I thought they could at least had offered us a drink whilst waiting.It turned out we got the table that someone else was just finished with and had to be reset.Anyway to the food,my wife is not big on shellfish and was really there for my benefit but she had a lovely 3 courser from the pre theatre menu which was very reasonable £12.95 I think consisting of salmon spring rolls beer battered fish & chips and cheesecake.I had queen scallops raw oysters
and a kilo pot of mussels in white wine sauce and a nice bottle of rose.The food was fine if your into sea food but if you went with a party of friends they would struggle to find something else as the only meat dish I noticed was a burger but must say I seen one and it looked good as well.Might be my imagination but I thought girl at door was a bit off and not at all welcoming butother than that was ok.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food was great, everything we ordered was really fresh, and the mussels tasted as if they were just out of the fresh water! The staff were friendly and the place is quite lovely.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The staff were very very helpfull and a great choice on the menu and excellent quality.. half a kilo of mussels is enough for one person.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have no hesitation in reccommending this restaurant on all criteria. If you like seafood of any kind(especialy mussels) you are in for a treat. Well prepared,presented and served. Very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient staff. Open plan kitchen and well set out restaurant. I am more than proud to be able to sing the praises of this taste of glasgow.Advisable to book whenever possible:but still worth waiting for if unable to do so.