“Birthday”

Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great time food great and loads to chose from kids all loved it and will be back for my daughters birthday in november.

Date of visit: September 2019
Cosmocustomercare, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are delighted to hear you enjoy dining with us!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a reviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Attempted to visit here as a family of 10, for a birthday dinner. Had tried to book previously, but was advised they don't take bookings before 8pm for large groups? As previously stated by my partner in another review, what restaurant turns away a large booking for a party?? Instead, we were advised to turn up and see what they could do.
Turned up at around 5.30pm, and were told by THE MANAGER HIMSELF, that there were no tables available to fit us all in, and would have to wait 30 minutes for a table of 4 and 45 minutes for a table of 6, with no guarantee of being seated near each other. When I pointed out 3 booths sitting empty, he advised that these booths were reserved. Quite a few other tables sitting empty at this point. Having been in to eat before, and being asked to move tables MID-MEAL, to use our table to accommodate a larger group (they moved our table over to make a larger table, which we had no qualms with), I struggle to understand why this couldn't have been done for our party?? Disgusting attitude from a manager!

Then, to add insult to injury, a group of 4 guys walked in. I heard the manager ask the men himself, did they have a booking....they said no. Yet, they got taken to be seated right away?!

Will be contacting complaints department/head office regarding this, as his attitude as a manager stinks. Manager also responded to my partners review, calling him a liar. Well I can assure you, as I was there with my partner, as were others, who all heard the same thing.... this was an honest review. Think the manager needs replaced!

5 previously loyal customers, won't be back!

1  Thank Debzie83
Cosmocustomercare, General Manager at Cosmo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Debzie,

Many thanks for getting in touch.

As I have already explained in my response to your partner, just because a table is sitting empty does not that mean that it is available so yes, while you may be correct when you say you saw 3 empty booths, these were for reservations that were due 15 minutes after you arrived. As it was very unlikely you would al be in and out within 15 minutes, I couldn't allow you to sit on those tables.

I'm unsure how being unable to accommodate a large table with no reservation on short notice constitutes as a disgusting attitude. You seem to be under the impression that we had all these tables just sitting empty that I was simply refusing to give you for no reason which I can assure you wasn't the case.

Allow me to explain the logistics behind not taking large reservations in peak times to hopefully clear up any misconceptions. Let's say we take a reservation for 20 people at 7pm on a Saturday. That would mean we would have to keep that table empty for at least 1 hour/1 hour 30 minutes prior to that reservation arriving, meanwhile we have a queue of walk ins waiting for tables whilst having an abundance of empty tables we are unable to use for hours at at time to due upcoming large reservations.

While you might ask yourself why someone would possibly not want to take a big booking, we actually serve more people and reduce table turnover times by using this method. This way, the longest a table will ever stay empty for is anywhere between 10-20 minutes rather that 1 hour/1 hour an a half.

Hopefully my explanation has helped clear things up a little but should you wish to discuss any further, don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

James McGill

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Group of 10 of us went for a family birthday. Tried to book a table but they wouldn't allow us to and advised to go in and chance our arm. They're view is that they won't take big bookings before 8pm but what if it's a birthday meal for a younger kid and they've got school next day. Bookong for after 8 is useless. Went in and, although there were enough tables free and unreserved (manager advised what tables were reserved), refused to seat us at 2 tables together or to join 2 tables together. Was advised that we could get a table for 4 in about 30 minutes and about 45 minutes for a table for 6. Just as manager finished telling us this, a group of 4 guys walked in without a booking and were seated straight away. Walked out at this point. Managers attitude was terrible. Used to take the kids here fairly regularly but wouldn't give Cosmo any money in future. Would rather go to Cook & Indie's, as they seated our group straight away and nothing was a problem for the staff.

2  Thank Cameron4
Cosmocustomercare, General Manager at Cosmo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

What I had explained to you at the time is that we did not have any tables available that could accommodate 10 of you together due to upcoming reservations. Also just to clarify, the 4 gentlemen who came in after you did have a reservation so I'm not sure why you're under the impression they didn't. I'm also unsure how you would have known which tables were reserved and which weren't because I certainly never told you so it would have appear you have come to your own conclusions. its a common misconception that because a table is sitting empty, that its available but I can assure this wasn't the case. It goes without saying, if we had space to accommodate you, then we would have

If you want to discuss this further don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

James McGill

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit with partner and so impressed with the choice of different foods and freshly grilled fish and meats! Lovely, attentive staff too and so nice not to have loud music pumping as often found in buffet restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2019
Cosmocustomercare, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi OfficerSausages,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We at Cosmo Glasgow always strive to provide the highest levels of service, dishes and atmosphere so it's great to hear that our efforts don't go unnoticed!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We all left underwhelmed and disappointed (apart from our 16 year old - perfect for him as all you can eat). The Italian food and the Sunday carvery were both poor. Pasta was lukewarm, dry, crusty and worse than average. Carvery meat was ok but veggies cold. Chinese food was better and was ok. Plenty of dessert choice but quality again average. Was busy but not for us and won’t be back.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We at Cosmo Glasgow always strive to provide the highest levels of dishes, service and atmosphere so it's disappointing to hear that you felt let down on this occasion.

We always recommend speaking to a member of our management team at the time of your visit if you are unsatisfied with anything. This gives us the opportunity to resolve any issues at the time rather than being left to respond retrospectively through Tripadvisor. Our team are always more than happy to help in any way they can whether that be finding a table more comfortable for you, having a specific dish replenished or having a dish prepared for you.

Unfortunately, though we try, we can't impress everyone. However, we are happy to hear your son enjoyed his dinner!