Tripadvisor

Bookatable
Ranked #1,373 of 2,775 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill can be found nestled within the stylish Hotel Indigo on Waterloo Street. Our menu comprises of familiar dishes that have become synonymous with the traditional steakhouse experience with the finest quality beef taking centre stage within our steak selection. Alongside this we have our carefully selected Wine and Champagne list designed to harmonise with and enrich your dining experience with us. Add to this our well-crafted range of cocktails and mocktails and you have the perfect place to enjoy food and drink with family, friends and colleagues. The menu has been created to offer something for everyone, and here at Marco Pierre White Glasgow we strive to deliver what Marco himself calls "affordable glamour". This is a bright experience for even the most experienced food lovers. Serving locally sourced produce and delicious drinks all delicately enhanced with the superior quality of Marco Pierre White in a cosy yet vibrant setting.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Myself & my sister visited in early January with a voucher. The ambiance was poor , food average & service poor. It was certainly not busy when we arrived but it took 20 minutes for us to get the bottle of wine we ordered & this was after reminding the young waitress. She was apologetic & at all times very pleasant. Again we were at least a further 10 minutes before the starters arrived , again after a reminder ! The main courses arrived & they were fine but nothing special. We had to ask for the bill twice. All in all a disappointment although I had read the reviews prior to visiting so knew there were some issues . I did not enlighten my sister but she picked up the service issues immediately. Another concern was that our bill included a service charge , ridiculous ! I will always leave a tip if I enjoy my meal & the service & don't like this to be included , albeit this tends to be the case in tables of 6 or more, we were a table of 2 ! I don't agree but accept this as the norm. I do not plan to return especially as review after review highlight the service concerns in particular & no changes are made to rectify. Very pleasant responses from the Manager but no resultant improvements. Poor show !

Date of visit: January 2020
Ops_Manager879, Other at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Fiona
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback
Apologies your visit wasn't up to expectations
The service charge is standard across all Marco Pierre White restaurants but we can have it removed upon request.
As far as the service issues go, we have recruited and are currently recruiting a new team so therefore will be focusing on their service training over the next few weeks.
Thanks again for your review

Write a reviewReviews (857)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

We were treated to a voucher for this restaurant and whilst the initial greeting at the desk was welcoming, service was disappointing. The ambiance is totally lacking, just like having a meal in a hotel coffee shop. Background music was peculiar and it wasn’t a cosy place to sit in. The food itself was ok, we did however sit with our empty starter plates in front of us for at least ten minutes and they were only taken away when we called the waitress over. I wouldn’t eat here again as it was so disappointing and there are many other restaurants in the area.

Hi Nicola
So sorry to hear you weren't happy with your visit and standard of service.
We have been having some issues with the music but hopefully its sorted now.
I will address the service issues with the team with the aim of them not being repeated again.
Apologies again

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Food was average - plates were served cold and I would normally expect a warm plate - food was not as hot as I would have liked.
Chips were delicious as was the Chocolate Mousse.
Service was very slow - took over 25 mins for starters - but we were not in a rush to be anywhere else so happy to take our time between courses.
Nice cocktail menu and limited selection of wines.
I have tasted better so probably wouldn’t hurry back but I guess you’re paying for the name.

Date of visit: January 2020
Ops_Manager879, Other at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

HI
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
You are absolutely correct to expect the food to be served on warm plates we will look into this oversight.
We do aim to get the starters out in 20-25mins so do apologise we have missed this .
Please let us know what wines you think our list could benefit from having, its currently at around 60 wines but MPW is always developing new lists and would be keen to get more input.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I booked here in mid December for a friend’s birthday dinner on 18th January. We were seated in which I would describe as the foyer of the restaurant and not the main restaurant itself. My friends onion soup was heavy more onions than soup. He did enjoy his fillet steak. I myself had the ribeye steak which I found very tough. I could make a better steak myself. The coffees were lukewarm and the service wasn’t great. I may have had to high expectations with it been linked to Marco Pierre White.

Hi Robert
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I'm very sorry you didn't feel the food was up to standard, please in future always feel comfortable feeding that back to our team on the night and they will take care of any issues for you at the time.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Upon booking, I have to say the young man with whom I booked was charming. I didn't catch a name but he was very thorough and accommodating. I made a quip on the phone about having a voucher or 'riff raff' like me wouldn't be in normally - a gentle jibe. Alas, and unbeknownst to both myself and the bar staff member who took my booking, this would be a reality.

There was a notable change in demeanour from certain staff members upon the reveal of a voucher. A bustling dining room in the back, albeit with empty tables, and we were seated in the front area, where other guests were served drinks before being seated in the main dining area. It was also apparent that the two other tables in our 'special section' were also voucher yielding customers.

Some 15 minutes after being presented our menus, our order, and drinks order were taken. Unfortunately, other than being served our food, this would be the last time staff would engage in any way. At no point did any staff approach or even acknowledge the table to ask about additional drinks or if we were enjoying our meal. I'll also add that despite the voucher, we purchased additional meal and drink elements pre-meal, which I had hoped may assuage the growing feeling of 'voucher leper' however this proved not to be the case. Post main course, we sat with empty plates for close to 20 minutes. Given there were 3 seated tables in our 'special section', of whom I overheard mention their voucher possession, I must defer to perceptual quality of guest.

A crying shame the service betrayed what was a pleasant food experience. The shredded potted duck and cured meats starter were pleasant, and the Chateaubriand was cooked perfectly to order and a hearty meal for two, served with french beans and onion rings. The meat was well seasoned and the presentation of all dishes was clean and modern.

It is a regrettable shame that the service belayed the food quality.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback.
Id like to assure you that around 90% of our diners are using vouchers and we would never think about treating anyone differently because of it, the other 10% are not due any better standards than anyone else. There is no "special section" as i can say with some confidence almost everyone in the other restaurant area would have been using a voucher too.
That being said i do apologise you felt this way on the evening and we didn't fulfil your expectations.
We hope this doesn't put you off returning as you said some very complimentary things about the food and would like another chance to show you the expected service.