“Great place to visit in Glasgow”

The Ubiquitous Chip
Ranked #67 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Great place to visit in Glasgow”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Visited Glasgow for long weekend and ate on Sunday night at the'Chip'. Excellent food - we had the pre-theatre dinner in the restaurant - very reasonable with good wines and wonderful service from all the staff. Setting is unusual on a cobblestone alley but has great atmosphere and there is also a brasserie if the restaurant felt too formal.

• Visited July 2013

Eureka, California, United States
“Birthday lunch with my sister her husband and son. Great ambience good food.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant is on a pretty cobblestone alley. Lots of plants and a water feature, great ambience. Interesting menu, staff were attentive, prices a bit high, but decent food.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“You must try”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not cheap but very good food in different surroundings with plenty to see, great busy atmosphere, we did go on a Sunday lunchtime. Friendly helpful staff would definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
Stirlingshire
“Fab Meal”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal from the a carte menu, must say it was really nice. We had Duck Egg and Venison Haggis to start, then, Guinea Fowl and Venison for mains and I had a lemon meringue dish for pudding whilst my hubby had coffee. I particularly enjoyed the lemon meringue dish. Only downside for me was the duck egg with buttermilk mouse, this was a tad sickly for me, but I have been eating non rich food for about 6 month before hand.

Defo planning to go back.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Judith in Toronto”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After a visit to George Mewes Cheese Shop and the fish market just up the street (where I ate two of the freshest and most enormous oysters of my life . . . with lemon, laid on by the girl in the shop) we found Ubiquitous Chip. I have to say that we had taken the general red Glasgow tour ride and hopped off at the guide's information of the cheese shop and Ubiquitous; hopped back on a few hours later, no extra charge . . . do use this tour!). At Ubiquitous Chip we were taken to an upper room which was cozy and comfy. Some local people were in, celebrating. Out server was sensitive and knew the kitchen well. She answered many questions from us. We were having a difficult time deciding from the Wonderful menu. All the food that arrived was Beautiful, Local, Imaginative, Delicious. There was no hurrying us, from our server. She was right there with water, to answer questions. Seemed delighted to help. Very Good washrooms (chain-pull toilets : ) ) lots of rushing hot water for hand washing. We finally left for the Botanical Gardens up the road. This place is a sweet spot in my Glasgow heart!

• Visited May 2013
Thank judith in toron... m