“Innovative menu, well presented food, good service”
Review of Stravaigin

Stravaigin
Ranked #104 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Stravaigin is old Scots for 'wander', a word that nicely encapsulates the restaurant's ethos. Both the menu and d��cor evolve; there's a wonderful creativity about this West End favourite. Locally-sourced ingredients are used to create imaginative international dishes such as Indonesian pork balls with vermicelli noodle jam jar salad. For something closer to home, try the haggis - recently voted the best in Scotland. The subtly dark, leather- wallpapered basement restaurant shares a menu and nautical theme with the less formal caf�� bar above. Service is informal yet informed. The staff know the menu and wines inside out and are adept at keeping cool under pressure, especially during the pre-theatre scrum. Exciting , affordable food without the foodie formalities.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stravaigin is a great choice for a good quality Scottish informal dining experience. Dog friendly and usually with interesting specials on the menu

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being vegetarian and having an intolerance to cheese makes eating out difficult..until you come to Stravaigin...actually thought it was a vegan restaurant due to the name..the menu was extensive although some of the dishes I wasn't quite sure about, but once the waiter explained. I ordered and wasn't dissapointed..I have been twice now and chosen 2 different dishes..will keep going back for more..lovely atmosphere and great that the staff know their stuff!..Although a bit more expensive than your average pub meal..what you get is definately not your average pub meal..delicious!..if you're looking for something different this is the place to go.

1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

When you pay £11.95 for a scallop starter and the kitchen have made an effort in presentation, you don't expect it to be thrown at you so all the elements do a pinball routine in the plate. Sadly, this is exactly what happened here. I chose the nasi goreng as my main course. Horribly over-seasoned. Neither the food nor the service will have me rushing back.

1  Thank DJHunter
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Lovely staff ,attentive and charming as always but such a disappointing choice to have the curry for the day with free range chicken.
Stringy fatty horrid brown meat. When our lovely waiter asked if all was well we explained that the chicken was of poor quality. He explained that they had recently changed from chicken breasts to chicken thighs to make the curry more flavoursome.
We said that we preferred the old style and he offered us an alternative main . When we declined this offer he said we would not e charged then for the main courses involved.
Lovely gesture ,but disappointing meal tonight.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm in the catering business so I'm rather fussy about my food but like a good bargain too! A client told me about the restaurant and having looked at the menu online I booked for the lunch time menu @ £15.95pp plus coffee. We arrived 2 hours before our booking but were seated within 5 mins. The waiter was attentive and showed good knowledge of all the dishes and we were made very welcome.The food was gorgeous, beautifully presented and the portions were ample. All in all good value for money and we would definetly go back.