“Excellent”

Reserve a Table
Tue, 10/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #290 of 2,895 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: In 1935, as the great Cunard liner 'Queen Mary' took shape on the Clyde, a restaurant was refitted in the same Art Deco style and a Glasgow legend was born. Rogano is the oldest surviving restaurant in Glasgow. For over seventy five years its chefs have dedicated themselves to the delicate art of cooking and serving the finest fish and seafood in the world from Scottish waters.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was asked to book this by my wife, I was unimpressed but it was great, the meal was excellent. It is a bit dated in its decor but I’m sure this is part of its attraction.

The big plus was the staff, excellent and by far the best I’ve come across in many years, Tiana is a star and will do what it takes to make your nigh memorable. I really hope she’s paid accordingly.

Tiana is a star and apologies If I misspelt her name incorrectly

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Usually never leave a feedback but this time I must do it. Really, really, really bad. I was there with other 3 friends last night, the service was poor, not attention,not passion or professionality. In the hall, it seemed that no one cared about working, never seen this way of doing in a restaurant. About food, I ordered scallops and lemon sole on the bone meuniere. The scallops was nice but the lemon sole was (without bone) burned and didn't have the classic sauce that this type of cooking creates, really bad, nobody of us was happy about this dinner, we paid a lot of money but we didn't leave satisfied. We will certainly not be returning.

4  Thank taglas465
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place for a meal & a cocktail. Super ambience and wonderful staff with a special mention for Tiano who could not do enough for us and other visitors to Rogano. A great advert for Glasgow hospitality. Thank you Tiano.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been a few years since we’ve been to Rogano but was great to introduce the kids to this Glasgow institution.
Great value food and especially attentive service from Mally and everyone else made us feel most welcome.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was not aware that the Cafe Rogano was separate and was located downstairs from main restaurants. Walls of Cafe Rogano were adorned with old photos and had some real charm however lighting was pretty dull and made reading menu quite difficult. We were on a special offer menu so food selection was limited. Some grumbles from fellow guests about starters especially the Black Pudding and when they saw the Strawberry Tart Desert they new that they had made a mistake taking a starter rather than desert. Service was excellent and the waitress could not have done more to make us feel comfortable. Real disappointment was the lack of a mobile data signal downstairs and you could only sign onto their limited WiFi. Would visit again but not on their market menu.