“Best restaurant in Glasgow by far !!!!”

Gamba Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: West Campbell Street
Transit: Buchanan St underground is a short walk. Queen St station and Glasgow Central station are both close by.
Description: The award-winning Gamba restaurant in Glasgow serves the best seafood available in its own unique style, and has established a formidable reputation for quality.
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Been to loads of restaurants in Glasgow visited this one on sat night with three friends.first class service first class food and amazing atmosphere

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Met my mate to have a lunch at Gamba and as usual it was a great experience. You can chill out with a drink in the bar before your food. We managed to get Table 1 which is a great booth for watching what's going on in the restaurant. The decor and furnishings are very classy. Food wise we treated ourself to the a la carte menu and I started with the fish soup. It's like heaven in a bowl and tastes delicious. I tried lobster Thermidor for my main and it was the first time I'd had it. The meat in the lobster was delicious and the sauce it came with was tasty and plentiful. Could I manage a dessert now? Yes of course. Went for Jim's chocolate orange cake and it was amazing. Very rich and melt in the mouth. A dessert wine followed which was great and a tiny strong espresso completed my amazing lunch experience. I can't wait to go back already. If you love great food and want to treat yourself then go no further than Gamba.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you want a professional, kind and excellent pre-theatre dinner in Glasgow, go to Gamba. Understatedly set in a basement in George Street, as you walk in you realise it's a hidden wonder. The food is of the highest quality, the service impeccable. We had a pre-dinner formula (early-bird, limited menu but delicious fish and seafood) and it was memorable. No doubt I want to go back and enjoy the full menu, without constrictions of time and choice. It looked extremely promising...

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's about 12 years since I was last at Gamba, in fact I forgot we'd been before, so when we met friends for dinner in Glasgow we were delighted with the suggestion.

There's a lovely little bar full of character and a great selection of cocktails and drinks to enjoy perusing the menu and a little canapé.

I had the dressed crab and then the steamed monkfish and scallops - it was to die for, perfectly cooked, beautiful flavour and just the perfect amount. My husband had smoked salmon and prawns to start, a big plateful and he loved it. He then had traditional lobster thermidor and loved that too.

It was wonderful to see Jim again, who I hadn't seen since his days in Nairns, his explanations make for an inspired menu selection. The service was fabulous and the food was just out of this world. All in all a fabulous night in Glasgow, and the Sancerre they serve is sublime.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Got a great voucher on one of the deal sites, a 3 course meal for 2 with a Kir Royale.
This is a lovely not so little fish restaurant situated in the basement of West George St in Glasgow.
This made our trip to Glasgow .. a great experience from start to finish.
All 3 courses were super tasty but the Prawn Cocktail and Fish Soup as starters stood out with the Fish Soup the star of the show.
The Halibut main was cooked to perfection and came with one of the largest Scallops I`ve seen which was a nice surprise as on the menu its described as "Scallop cream".
The staff were very friendly and we were offered a couple of free drinks as we had to wait a few minutes on dessert as there was a large table being served ... a nice touch as we didn`t mind waiting.
I would recommend this great little gem to anyone wanting a great fish restaurant in the city.
Well done Gamba !!