“Good food, good service”

Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club
Ranked #444 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Following an eight month £5.7m refurbishment, The Corinthian Club reopened its doors in late August 2010.Scotland’s leading artisan craftsmen spent hundreds of man-hours painstakingly creating aspects of the building, including a mosaic floor made of more than half a million tiles, over a thousand hand moulded acanthus leaves, fitting hand carved panels and restoring ornate wooden detailing.The iconic 26’ Corinthian dome remains a focal point in the new Tellers Bar and Brasserie where designers have also uncovered a stairway, once the route to the cells of the High Court, which now leads to the relaxed, organically-styled Mash and Press Rooms.A new addition to the venue, The Corinthian Club now boasts the most stunning gaming facilities in the country.Other highlights include the glittering Boutique, offering everything from afternoon tea to evening cocktails and housing the venue’s high-end retail space for ladies to enjoy a spot of retail therapy in the luxurious comfort of the plush velvet and sparkling crystal interior. It’s the first time a Glasgow entertainment venue has incorporated a pop-up retail space into one of its bars and, true to style, The Corinthian Club’s range has already featured high-end clothing and accessories from Comme des Garçons, Agent Provocateur and Boudiche.Bootleg takes its inspiration from a 1920s American speakeasy and is proving a huge hit with gents. Serving the finest matured sprits from around the world, Bootleg is also home to a secret cocktail which, in homage to its speakeasy roots, is only available to those who know it exists. The bar itself is fashioned out of traditional bank safes and the floor is made from a 500,000 piece mosaic tiles which have been painstakingly hand-crafted to form the image of Queen Victoria as she appeared on old banknotes - in a nod to the building’s past life as the Union Bank of Scotland.The new Corinthian Club has revolutionised Glasgow’s meeting, eating, socialising and gaming scene, boasting 14 rooms spaced across 5 floors. Creating more than 200 jobs for the city, the unique venue is open 24 hours and is the only one of its kind in the UK to offer a range of bars, clubs, restaurant, meetings rooms as well as a stunning gaming room all under one roof.Preserving much of the 260 year old Grade A listed building, internationally renowned Glasgow design firm Graven Images was commissioned to work alongside Scotland’s leading artisans - creating a stunning fusion of traditional craftsmanship and cool modern design.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to this resturant to celebrate my birthday, it was mid week so not to busy. We were shown to a booth that looked like it may have been slightly cramped for 4 people so asked for a different bigger table. There was no problem with this, but as they were not overly busy I would have been disapointed if it had of been a problem.The food was good, the service was very good and the price reasonable for a special occasion meal. We finished our meal with cocktails in the upstairs piano bar and overall had a lovely time. All in all a lovely place to go for dinner.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Winniesgirl56
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello

First I would like to say a massive thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your time here at The Corinthian Club.

I am delighted to hear that your birthday experience was one you found so enjoyable. We strive to provide a great experience for all our guests and it seems that we have done so on this occasion. I will pass on your complimentary feedback to our staff.

I hope we will be welcoming you to the venue again soon.

Falkirk
“Afternoon tea disappointing”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was booked for a special birthday celebration. The sandwiches and cakes were satisfactory although the slate cake stands are very wobbly and can easily tip over. Service I would say was pretty average had to request a top up of coffee and milk although they did bring water for the table when requested.
My family had paid a deposit but unfortunately 3 people were unable to attend and my daughter called in the morning to inform them of this and they said it would be no problem. However when it came to paying the bill they had not taken any of the deposit off ,then they would not remburse £15 for the people who were unable to attend. When you consider that we had ordered a number of drinks and wine that would have more than made up for this and added to there profit margin Sorry for afternoon tea of sandwiches and cakes it left quite a bitter taste , most decent resturants would have been a little more flexible than this. And of course they added 10 per cent onto the bill Most disappointing experience and won't be back .

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 1king
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review on your recent visit to the Corinthian Club. The feedback we receive is incredibly important in the development of our business. I am however very disappointed to learn that you're experience was not enjoyable for your party.

Our afternoon tea is one of our most popular experiences and we pride ourselves on our delicious freshly homemade cakes, so to say I am disappointed to hear you found them to be satisfactory would be an understatement and I assure you I will certainly be investigating this as this would not be our usual service standards.

With regards to your deposit payment I can only apologise you feel this left a bitter taste on your day. The purpose of placing the deposit payment is to secure the place of each guest attending. As stated at the time of payment, it is our policy that deposit payments are non transferable and non refundable.

I certainly hope that you might reconsider and visit us again soon giving us the chance to improve on the points made and change your mind.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very Poor”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to Tellers bar for breakfast this morning with my wife. We arrived at 1015 shown to a table ,very nice surroundings.We were then informed we could not have breakfast as no Chef was available. How can you advertise breakfast from 8am until 11am and have no Chef on the premises!!!

I intended to shop in Glasgow and then return for afternoon tea.Decided to give this a miss. Very poor service for such an establishment.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Barry2145
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi Barry,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent experience at The Corinthian Club, this type of feedback is essential to the development of our business.

I am disappointed to hear you had such a sub-standard experience, I can assure you that this is not our usual practice and that your comments are being investigated.

I understand your decision not to return for afternoon tea, our afternoon tea is one of our most popular dining packages and we would very much like the opportunity to redeem you opinion of the venue.

I hope we can welcome you back soon, for a more enjoyable experience.

Ayrshire
“Ripped Off”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I only wanted two cheese toasties and a glass of wine for my partner and got a bill for £22.00,
it looks like I was charged the same price as a club sandwich which is £8 or £9,at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tinseltown17
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting your concerns from your recent experience at The Corinthian Club. I am disappointed to hear you feel you were ripped off.

I hope you can appreciate that we strive to offer a full and varied menu to our customers. We accommodate where possible for items out with our standard menu and that the billing for these items can be a difficult process as they are not itemised on our till system.

I hope that this has not put you off visiting the venue again and that we can welcome you back soon.

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited the Corinthian on Saturday for a family post christmas meal. Food was pittyful at best, had to return two main meals to kitchen as they were very undercooked. No apology was made whilst two our our party sat with no main course whilst everyone else was eathing.

When bill was delivered they had added an "optional" gratuity charge of £22.00. As paying by card I said nothing and the waitress automatically put this gratuity charge through, which I then refused to pay. Not what I would expect from an establishment of this standard, very disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Ardlui
Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, we are very grateful for all feedback received and this helps us to address any issues that we may have.

I am very disappointed to hear that you didn’t have a very enjoyable meal at The Corinthian. I will certainly be investigating your comments with the Brasserie team as this would not be our normal service standards.

At The Corinthian Club we pride ourselves on providing a 1st class service and 1st class quality; it seems on this occasion that we have failed.

I sincerely hope this has not put you off visiting the venue in the future, and that we can welcome you back soon.