Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club
Cuisines: French, Scottish, Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Following an eight month £5.7m refurbishment, The Corinthian Club reopened its doors in late August 2010.Scotland’s leading artisan craftsmen spent hundreds of man-hours painstakingly creating aspects of the building, including a mosaic floor made of more than half a million tiles, over a thousand hand moulded acanthus leaves, fitting hand carved panels and restoring ornate wooden detailing.The iconic 26’ Corinthian dome remains a focal point in the new Tellers Bar and Brasserie where designers have also uncovered a stairway, once the route to the cells of the High Court, which now leads to the relaxed, organically-styled Mash and Press Rooms.A new addition to the venue, The Corinthian Club now boasts the most stunning gaming facilities in the country.Other highlights include the glittering Boutique, offering everything from afternoon tea to evening cocktails and housing the venue’s high-end retail space for ladies to enjoy a spot of retail therapy in the luxurious comfort of the plush velvet and sparkling crystal interior. It’s the first time a Glasgow entertainment venue has incorporated a pop-up retail space into one of its bars and, true to style, The Corinthian Club’s range has already featured high-end clothing and accessories from Comme des Garçons, Agent Provocateur and Boudiche.Bootleg takes its inspiration from a 1920s American speakeasy and is proving a huge hit with gents. Serving the finest matured sprits from around the world, Bootleg is also home to a secret cocktail which, in homage to its speakeasy roots, is only available to those who know it exists. The bar itself is fashioned out of traditional bank safes and the floor is made from a 500,000 piece mosaic tiles which have been painstakingly hand-crafted to form the image of Queen Victoria as she appeared on old banknotes - in a nod to the building’s past life as the Union Bank of Scotland.The new Corinthian Club has revolutionised Glasgow’s meeting, eating, socialising and gaming scene, boasting 14 rooms spaced across 5 floors. Creating more than 200 jobs for the city, the unique venue is open 24 hours and is the only one of its kind in the UK to offer a range of bars, clubs, restaurant, meetings rooms as well as a stunning gaming room all under one roof.Preserving much of the 260 year old Grade A listed building, internationally renowned Glasgow design firm Graven Images was commissioned to work alongside Scotland’s leading artisans - creating a stunning fusion of traditional craftsmanship and cool modern design.
KUWAIT
“Did not”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Me and my mate went to the Corinthian Club to give it a try and I seriously wish I did not,, Oh Lord I did not expect such salty, over rated, tasteless and over priced like it!

The steak was way too salty!!! take it easy on the salt !

Ive ordered scallops - OMG! it was one of the worst dishes ever!!! I was stuck with chips!!!

even when I ordered fresh juice; the glass was full of ice and not much juice like you never imagine; I really did not expect that from restaurant with such reputation and definitely not coming back!!

2 Thank EL-CAPETANO
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am disappointed with your review.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the kitchen team.
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Turn on the heating”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice meal at the Corinthian. The service was all over the place until one of the managers took over at main course. The food was very good and extremely well presented. This is a very large building which appeared to have no heating on which made our time spent here very uncomfortable, had the place been warmer we would have stayed longer and spent more money on drinks. Overall not a bad night.

Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your meal with us. I would be delighted to pass your comments on to the kitchen team, who will be thrilled you consider the standard so high.

I am disappointed however to hear you did not rate the ambience particularly highly. I will certainly investigate your comments with the rest of the team.

I hope we will see you in the venue again in the near future.

Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After our first visit which was magic, we promised ourselves that we would return sooner rather than later.
Visiting Glasgow on December 27th we were not disappointed.
Once again the food and service was excellent. Not surprisingly it was a little noiser due to (I believe) this being the Christmas period.
This however did not diminish from the overall experiance of enjoying a rather special restaurant.
Can't wait to return.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am delighted you enjoyed your evening with us and even more so that it was a return visit.

Your review is very much appreciated and I will definately pass your comments on to the rest of the team.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Corinthian Club
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“5pm Dinner”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Took my son and his girlfriend for a treat , the staff were poorly trained, didnt even know what soup of the day was,the roast beef was tough, the salmon dry, the wine like gutrot, and the toilets disgusting. I was annoyed, I wanted this to be a nice treat , sadly it was not and I would not return in a hurry

1 Thank Crocusgrove
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others. It is a vital tool in our business development and I will certainly pass your comments on to the rest of the team.

I hope this has not put you off visiting us in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Can’t fault the venue the place is terrific to look at from the outside and the inside. I have been in a couple of times for drinks but never had anything to eat before, this was a Christmas party night and the place was mobbed. The Corinthian always has an up market feel about it but on the evidence of this night it was cram them in and stack them high, the serving staff had there work cut out mainly trying to find somewhere to put your food down. We had nine at a round table which was a joke, we made a collective decision that everyone who wasn’t having soup should eat there roll so that we could clear some space, I had to hold my starter plate while the side plates were taken away with any cutlery not require pushed to the centre of the table to make more room. There was a few at the table who had the steak as the main this was served two ways, you eat it or you don’t, you got it as it came, some were well done and others a bit red inside.
Nice décor atmosphere good but obviously trying to get as many in as possible I wouldn’t recommend if you suspect that it will be busy not an enjoyable dinning experience.

2 Thank FrancisUddingston
Corinthian20, Manager at Tellers Bar & Brasserie at the Corinthian Club, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear you did not have an enjoyable dining experience with us.
Apologies you felt the booth was uncomfortable for the size of your party, most parties prefer to be seated together where possible. Our seating is fixed booth style, and is unfortunately not able to be extended. We could certainly accommodate over more tables, subject to request.

I hope this has not put you off visiting us in the future and we see you again soon.